Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .357 sig ammo that is good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Why do you think this is? Guns set up the same? What distances? What metrics?

Not trolling you...genuinely curious.
    Not answering for 4given but I suspect it's that the Sig is one flat shooting round and it seems to be an inherently quite accurate round too. I have a friend whose agency has issued them for years now and has replaced their G31s at least twice. He's one of the department's training officers and a USPSA Master class shooter and always lobbies for G17s because they can be shot faster, but he says flat out that the .357 Sig is the most accurate handgun round he's shot. My two samples (not G31s) agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Why do you think this is? Guns set up the same? What distances? What metrics?

Not trolling you...genuinely curious.
    Not a problem.

Both are Gen 4 set up with Apex flat triggers and minus connectors. The G19 has night sights, the G31 has the stock factory sights. I carry the G19. I don't carry the G31. It is my truck gun. Remember I live in Idaho so my needs are a bit different than the average urbanite.

The G19 is kept loaded with 147 gr standard pressure HST factory rated at 1000 FPS. I don’t know the actual velocity out of my pistol as I have not shot them over my chronograph.

The G31 is currently loaded with Underwood 125gr Gold Dot factory rated at 1475 FPS. I have clocked it with my chronograph it at well over 1500 FPS. So... the G31 has a flatter trajectory.
    Also, shooting from sandbags, I consistently shoot tighter groups with the G31 so I think it is inherently more accurate. I think with these two things combined I can hit better with it at 25 yards and beyond.
    Granted, the Underwood round is a handful and the recoil is not conducive to fast follow up shots. I have developed a handload that closely duplicates the Underwood round for practice.
    Even though I shoot a lot of .44 and 10mm and am used to recoil, I will not go back to this round when I restock. I want to tame it down a bit. I think a 125 grain bullet at 1350 FPS will accomplish pretty much the same thing with less recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Not answering for 4given but I suspect it's that the Sig is one flat shooting round and it seems to be an inherently quite accurate round too. I have a friend whose agency has issued them for years now and has replaced their G31s at least twice. He's one of the department's training officers and a USPSA Master class shooter and always lobbies for G17s because they can be shot faster, but he says flat out that the .357 Sig is the most accurate handgun round he's shot. My two samples (not G31s) agree with him.
    You took the words right outta my mouth.

sorry posted by mistake

Found a little Speer 125 gr Gold Dot. Thanks folks.

If nothing else, you could look at Underwoods 125 gr load. It uses the Gold Dot bullet at full speed. Underwood is out of stock right now, but you may be able to find it at one of the big online places like Midway or others.

User Tag List