Thread: Taurus .45 Colt snubbie?

Taurus .45 Colt snubbie?

I just ran across something that referenced the Taurus 450, a 2” .45 Colt. The perennial issues of Taurus aside, part of me thinks it’s a waste of heavyweight potential, the rest of me thinks a 2” BFH is an awesome idea!😄

I think the shortest single action .45s I’ve seen are 3.5” so a 2” is intriguing.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quite some years ago I impulsively snapped up a 2 or 2.5" Taurus .41 magnum because the price was right and .41 magnum. It was remarkably accurate at 25 yards. Trouble is it couldn't really manage locking up the cylinder in DA fire. I'd get to rolling off a string and the cylinder would get to rolling past it's next round. Lots of timing problems in double action.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I just ran across something that referenced the Taurus 450, a 2” .45 Colt. The perennial issues of Taurus aside, part of me thinks it’s a waste of heavyweight potential, the rest of me thinks a 2” BFH is an awesome idea!😄

I think the shortest single action .45s I’ve seen are 3.5” so a 2” is intriguing.
    The problem is ejector rods. If I remember right, Freedom Arms is able to get down to 3", in some of their Packer models, with a trick ejector rod but anything smaller, down in Colt Sheriff's Model territory, you're poking the empties out with a stick like an NAA. Of course I still lust after both when I see them come up for sale. Really need to get on winning the lottery one of these days...

The Sheriff’s models were the ones was thinking of, I didn’t know about the FAs.

This whole thing has me sort of wanting a 4” Model 25 now...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Jeff Cooper had a snubbie 45 Taurus, gold colored TiN, so I've always wanted one.

Cooper would regularly mention that gun in his Commentaries. I wonder if he got a good one, and if it ever gave him any trouble.

Back before I was old enough to get a carry permit, I was impressed with the .41 Magnum Ti Taurus, in that cobalt blue color. I'd like to think that I'm not such a dumb kid anymore, but if offered a cylider-ful of shots, I would want to try and find out.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    This thread seems to be wavering back and forth between single action and double action revolvers. That's OK but it lacks pictures so here's my contribution:

Name:  DSC00117.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  34.5 KB Name:  DSC00118.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  34.3 KB

3" USFA 45 Colt with black powder frame, blued screws, and buffalo horn stocks. It's a satin nickle finish that looked too much like a "tacti-cool" 1911 so I have spent hours polishing it with a BC lead removal cloth. Gives it more of an old nickle look, although I should spend another day or two polishing some more.

Dave

PS: And it has it's own little dowel rod to punch out the black powder fouled empties. (smile)

User Tag List