Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duty Belt Padding

Site Supporter
    My rookie year me and one of the other skinny bony rookies were cutting up mouse pads...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Fella's I have a 2.25" Bianchi Duty Belt. I see that HSGI has a pad that would work with the velcro on the inside of my duty belt but it says it works with 1.75"-2" belts. I assume that it would work for my duty belt. Does anyone have any experience with this or have a recommendation for something else? The older I get the more my hips hurt and I have tried suspenders but don't care for them. Below is the link for the HSGI belt pad.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/micro-grip-95MG.html
    I'm using this HSGI pad inside a Blackhawk 2.25" duty belt. The padding secures tightly to the inside of the belt and I had to make minimal adjustments to my gear or to the overall length of the belt. The pad works pretty well to eliminate hot spots and other sore points that can be caused from some of my gear.

It does provide some traction between my outer and inner belt but I still find that keepers are required.

I'm with you on absolutely hating suspenders but I haven't found a better solution. My current good solution was moving my radio to my external carrier, this made a massive difference on my belt. I also use an Ares Duty Belt and the suspenders. The suspenders I have I absolutely hate, I need to try and find a different type I think to make the perfect solution.

User Tag List