Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duty Belt Padding

Duty Belt Padding

Fella's I have a 2.25" Bianchi Duty Belt. I see that HSGI has a pad that would work with the velcro on the inside of my duty belt but it says it works with 1.75"-2" belts. I assume that it would work for my duty belt. Does anyone have any experience with this or have a recommendation for something else? The older I get the more my hips hurt and I have tried suspenders but don't care for them. Below is the link for the HSGI belt pad.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/micro-grip-95MG.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Fella's I have a 2.25" Bianchi Duty Belt. I see that HSGI has a pad that would work with the velcro on the inside of my duty belt but it says it works with 1.75"-2" belts. I assume that it would work for my duty belt. Does anyone have any experience with this or have a recommendation for something else? The older I get the more my hips hurt and I have tried suspenders but don't care for them. Below is the link for the HSGI belt pad.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/micro-grip-95MG.html
    I'm mostly using a Molle / VTAC type belt now a days but I have this in my old 2.25' nylon duty belt. I like it and it works with the 2.25".

I've also set up the same with 2.25" duty belts for co-workers since we tend to don and doff duty belts as needed vs wearing them all the time.

It's not as comfortable as the 3' MOLLE belt but at a fraction of the price it's pretty good.

Safariland also makes a padded backer for the back of the UBL hangers which is worth a look.

https://www.safariland.com/products/...pad-11119.html

I'll second HCM on the UBL pad. Not a yuuuuge difference but it does help.

CJS

I use two of the Firstspear AGB point pads on my Ares duty belt. Not sure if they actually makes anything more comfortable (suspenders help far more in my experience) but they do provide some standoff from my inner belt and give me a bit more real estate, which is helpful with a 30" waist.

Site Supporter
    The safariland UBL pad is great. Safariland also makes curved duty belt and a duty belt pad. Add suspenders and it’s as good as it gets. At least I never found better

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    The safariland UBL pad is great. Safariland also makes curved duty belt and a duty belt pad. Add suspenders and it’s as good as it gets. At least I never found better
    I need to check these out.
    Home today with my hip hurting.
    No way I could have worn duty belt today.

Site Supporter
    I just looked on safariland’s website. They still list the UBL pad and the padded belt insert. They changed the belt pad from mine. It looks like the old style is still in stock at a few places. They made the new pad wider so it fits duty belts and war belts and has keepers. Mine used Velcro and I taped it to my duty belt. It wasn't for dress inspections but for everyday patrol/ not afraid to get dirty. Safariland now makes the UBL with adjustable cant!!!!! Hallejuh!! It’s about time

I know you said you don’t care for suspenders, but that is the only way to really get the pressure off your hips.

Pads are ultimately just a bandaid solution.

I haven't had to use pads "yet".
    I currently use a 2" Bianchi Patroltek nylon duty belt w/ plastic cobra buckle over a 1.75" Wilderness FF belt and 6x 2" UM synthetic keepers. My 6360 holster is on a UBL w/ 2" belt slots.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    One of my duty partners uses one of these jawns...

https://www.backdefensesystems.com/p...back-defender/

It allows the belt to be worn looser. The suspenders take the weight from your hips. The attachment allows the platform to remain stable even while grappling. I have seen some of the belt pad add-ons rotate in the mat room.

User Tag List