Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The first clue is that they have a category for "lifestyle" training.
    If their “lifestyle” training doesn’t involve 6-hole french cuffs, medium-spread collars, wagyu beef, and the mouth of a leopard, it’s not legit. #fact

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    If their “lifestyle” training doesn’t involve 6-hole french cuffs, medium-spread collars, wagyu beef, and the mouth of a leopard, it’s not legit. #fact
    Nice reference.

I’m taking a 2 day Long Range class from Kevin Owens on Aug 15th. He is an ex SF sniper and SF sniper instructor so I’m hoping to learn a thing or two. The course seems to be very Todd Hodnett/Accuracy 1st oriented which is good since I’ll be running a Tremor 3, and I sure would like to learn how to properly run it. Kestrels will be provided to each student to use for the class which is awesome. Shooting will be out to 900+. I took a John “Shrek” Mcphee “heavy carbine” class where we shot out to 600, so I’m really looking forward to the extended range.

Anyway, I’ll let y’all know what I think.

Daco, I wish I was you. Good luck with the class and take copious notes. I look forward to your After Action Review send it to me privately. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    Mmm, I've been training for my lifestyle all my life.. But I don't have quite down yet..
    I consider myself a SME on my lifestyle. Because I'm such a generous guy, I'll cut P-F members a break on my hourly rate for Hambo Lifestyle Training.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    Mmm, I've been training for my lifestyle all my life.. But I don't have quite down yet..
    I have a life but to my knowledge I've never been accused of having style...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have a life but to my knowledge I've never been accused of having style...
    I've always said culture is for yogurt..

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    I’m taking a 2 day Long Range class from Kevin Owens on Aug 15th. He is an ex SF sniper and SF sniper instructor so I’m hoping to learn a thing or two. The course seems to be very Todd Hodnett/Accuracy 1st oriented which is good since I’ll be running a Tremor 3, and I sure would like to learn how to properly run it. Kestrels will be provided to each student to use for the class which is awesome. Shooting will be out to 900+. I took a John “Shrek” Mcphee “heavy carbine” class where we shot out to 600, so I’m really looking forward to the extended range.

Anyway, I’ll let y’all know what I think.
    There is a episode of the Fieldcraft Survival podcast where Kevin interviews Todd Hodnett. I believe they mentioned that Kevin was an instructor for his training.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Daco, I wish I was you. Good luck with the class and take copious notes. I look forward to your After Action Review send it to me privately. Thank You.
    Thank you for the well wishes, and I'll try to take good notes.

I am pretty bad about writing AAR's but I shall do my best to provide one.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    There is a episode of the Fieldcraft Survival podcast where Kevin interviews Todd Hodnett. I believe they mentioned that Kevin was an instructor for his training.

Jason
    Cool I'll have to check it out. I've heard a few of their podcasts and I've found Mike Glover and Kevin's conversations very entertaining and interesting. Thanks Jason.

User Tag List