Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

Thanks, Daco, much appreciated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    I’m taking a 2 day Long Range class from Kevin Owens on Aug 15th. He is an ex SF sniper and SF sniper instructor so I’m hoping to learn a thing or two. The course seems to be very Todd Hodnett/Accuracy 1st oriented which is good since I’ll be running a Tremor 3, and I sure would like to learn how to properly run it. Kestrels will be provided to each student to use for the class which is awesome. Shooting will be out to 900+. I took a John “Shrek” Mcphee “heavy carbine” class where we shot out to 600, so I’m really looking forward to the extended range.

Anyway, I’ll let y’all know what I think.
    I heard a podcast with Kevin and Todd Hodnett. They seem to be close and share a lot of similar thinking, so that makes sense.

Looking forward to an AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I consider myself a SME on my lifestyle. Because I'm such a generous guy, I'll cut P-F members a break on my hourly rate for Hambo Lifestyle Training.
    Will the instruction include "Loving your Shovel, the Hambo Way" or is that a separate course?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I thought, "That can't be right." So I took a look. It's Hard to tell prices though since almost all their courses are sold out. I did see one course for $375 for 5 hours. Jeez. (So I'm no longer doubting you. The Advanced may have been $500. $375 or $500, either way that's way too much.)

--------------------

The bigger the IG following, the more expensive and more crowded the class will be. Plus, you are going to get some noobs slowing the class down. Tim Kennedy, Warrior Poet, Fieldcraft...these are not value propositions.

-----

The podcast is pretty good, though.
    That warrior-poet dude teaches classes?????

I saw exactly 70 seconds of one video by him and all I remember was him flopping out the rear doors of his F150 and shooting targets with a PSA AR-15.

I turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

I saw exactly 70 seconds of one video by him and all I remember was him flopping out the rear doors of his F150 and shooting targets with a PSA AR-15.

I turned it off.
    Yeah but they’re always sold out. Not sure which video you saw but his content is typically very good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the correct term is Warrior Bard and with a Chaotic Good alignment

I turned it off.
    Sometimes 70 seconds may be all you need to judge a person but in this case I'd recommend looking further at his content. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says or promotes but overall I'm a fan.

He also has a network starting up and our very own @SouthNarc will be providing content for it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Fair pushback from all. I'll take a look at his channel later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with everything he says or promotes but overall I'm a fan.

He also has a network starting up and our very own @SouthNarc will be providing content for it.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This.
    I signed up and so far am pleased with the content and quality of information. I hope he continues to cultivate content from other SME's like @SouthNarc It would be nice to have a Pantaeo alternative.

User Tag List