Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

The Irish Dude put a smile on my face.

Site Supporter
    That's Kevin Owens from Fieldcraft Survival. Former Irish Army then US Army to Green Beret. Just retired. Seems like a good dude. I'd like to take a class with him.

I saw that video a few days ago. I thought both were really specific and thorough in explaining what they liked and why. Great vid.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    That's Kevin Owens from Fieldcraft Survival. Former Irish Army then US Army to Green Beret. Just retired. Seems like a good dude. I'd like to take a class with him.
    As would I. But I went to their site and their prices run high. Ther advances pistol was $500 for 5 hours... I mean if they are getting that from customers more power to them. But at those prices I’ll stick to Mac, D4, Procter, etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    As would I. But I went to their site and their prices run high. Ther advances pistol was $500 for 5 hours... I mean if they are getting that from customers more power to them. But at those prices I’ll stick to Mac, D4, Procter, etc.
    You are not their target market.

double tap.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I thought, "That can't be right." So I took a look. It's Hard to tell prices though since almost all their courses are sold out. I did see one course for $375 for 5 hours. Jeez. (So I'm no longer doubting you. The Advanced may have been $500. $375 or $500, either way that's way too much.)

--------------------

The bigger the IG following, the more expensive and more crowded the class will be. Plus, you are going to get some noobs slowing the class down. Tim Kennedy, Warrior Poet, Fieldcraft...these are not value propositions.

-----

The podcast is pretty good, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I thought, "That can't be right." So I took a look. It's Hard to tell prices though since almost all their courses are sold out. I did see one course for $375 for 5 hours. Jeez. (So I'm no longer doubting you. The Advanced may have been $500. $375 or $500, either way that's way too much.)

--------------------

The bigger the IG following, the more expensive and more crowded the class will be. Plus, you are going to get some noobs slowing the class down. Tim Kennedy, Warrior Poet, Fieldcraft...these are not value propositions.

-----

The podcast is pretty good, though.
    Fieldcraft’s target market isn’t shooters or LE /Mil. It’s tech people/ yuppies etc with deep pockets looking for firearms training as part of a suite of outdoor / survival/ adventure training in things like fieldcraft, overlanding (4x4 camping) etc.

The Fieldcraft staff are legit and it is a smart strategy if they can develop the market to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Fieldcraft’s target market isn’t shooters or LE /Mil. It’s tech people/ yuppies etc with deep pockets looking for firearms training as part of a suite of outdoor / survival/ adventure training in things like fieldcraft, overlanding (4x4 camping) etc.
    The first clue is that they have a category for "lifestyle" training.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The first clue is that they have a category for "lifestyle" training.
    Mmm, I've been training for my lifestyle all my life.. But I don't have quite down yet..

User Tag List