Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 41 Gen4

Site Supporter
    G21 and G41 are fantastic pistols. Easily the most pleasantly surprising shooter in my estimations

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I don't believe you can use the G41 in heavy metal. Either the G21 or G30. I would go with the G30 and you can use it in Subcompact and MajorSub also.
    I知 leaning more toward the G21. I致e not shot the G30, but the G36 pinched the crap out of my pinky finger in recoil between the frame and magazine base plate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I知 leaning more toward the G21. I致e not shot the G30, but the G36 pinched the crap out of my pinky finger in recoil between the frame and magazine base plate.
    The G30 and G36 are completely different. I shoot my G30 as well as my G21. I would try both out before you make a decision. (I sold my G36)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The G30 and G36 are completely different. I shoot my G30 as well as my G21. I would try both out before you make a decision. (I sold my G36)
    Interesting. I値l have to see if I can find a place that rents a G30 to give it a shake. If you had to choose, would you do the G30 or the G30S?

The G41 is fantastic. It fits my hands perfectly - so much so that I've thought about building the grips on up my G17s until they're about the same dimensions. If I ever get around to loading .45 it'll be the first gun I buy.

If the gun ever needs to go to a more loving home, let me know...

Interesting. I値l have to see if I can find a place that rents a G30 to give it a shake. If you had to choose, would you do the G30 or the G30S?
    Not @steve but the G30 is very pleasant to shoot. To me, the 30S is less so, but better than the 36.

Site Supporter

If it was for carry a G30s. For use in GSSF a Gen4 30 or Gen 3 30SF. The slide mass makes it much quicker to shoot. I have shot multiple categories using my Gen4 30. The only negative is the ammo cost vs the 9mm.

Site Supporter
    I bought a used G41 a couple years ago. Nothing wrong with it but the sights, which I changed. Shot it with a variety of ammunition an liked everything about it. A year or so later I realized I wasn't shooting it - at all. Eventually sold it to buy something else. Such is the life of a gun tester and experimenter. (smile)

Dave

Site Supporter
    I bought a 41 a few years ago to replace my 21 as a 3 Gun, heavy division pistol. Like everyone else has said- it's incredibly accurate. I don't know why, but it will shoot 230gr Gold Dots into 1.5" at 25 yards. I really like that it fits in a GLS 34 size holster. Carry would be problematic, but if you want a super accurate .45 ACP range or duty pistol, that costs a quarter of a decent 1911, I highly recommend the 41.

Bumping a semi-old thread. Is there any reason to not pick up a 41? My local enabler just received one. I have a stash of 45 that far exceeds my stash of 9mm. I had planned at some point to pick up a 21 but the 41 is pretty interesting. I'm a huge 1911 fan but it seems like I should have at least one full-sized plastic fantastic capable of launching 45 too. I was this close to buying another 1911 but now I'm having second thoughts. Had a lot of fun at a steel challenge match yesterday with my Operator.

Follow-up question...Is the 41 allowed in GSSF heavy metal? Or does it get bumped to competition like the 34 does?
    的f you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List