Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 41 Gen4

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Bumping a semi-old thread. Is there any reason to not pick up a 41? My local enabler just received one. I have a stash of 45 that far exceeds my stash of 9mm. I had planned at some point to pick up a 21 but the 41 is pretty interesting. I'm a huge 1911 fan but it seems like I should have at least one full-sized plastic fantastic capable of launching 45 too. I was this close to buying another 1911 but now I'm having second thoughts. Had a lot of fun at a steel challenge match yesterday with my Operator.

Follow-up question...Is the 41 allowed in GSSF heavy metal? Or does it get bumped to competition like the 34 does?
    I own both a G41 and G21. The G41 fits in all my G34 holsters and it is just a fun gun to shoot. With that being said the G21 has less recoil. I am using my G41 in USPSA because I have some extra 45 ACP ammo and it is as I said fun to shoot. You can't use it in Heavy Metal just the G21, 30, 20, 29 or 37. The 21 will have more versatility in that area but so would a Glock 30. So other than the additional recoil issue (which isn't bad) I would buy it.

Site Supporter
    Bumping a semi-old thread. Is there any reason to not pick up a 41? My local enabler just received one. I have a stash of 45 that far exceeds my stash of 9mm. I had planned at some point to pick up a 21 but the 41 is pretty interesting. I'm a huge 1911 fan but it seems like I should have at least one full-sized plastic fantastic capable of launching 45 too. I was this close to buying another 1911 but now I'm having second thoughts. Had a lot of fun at a steel challenge match yesterday with my Operator.

Follow-up question...Is the 41 allowed in GSSF heavy metal? Or does it get bumped to competition like the 34 does?
    No reason other than I would hold out for a 41 MOS.

I’m very fond of my 41. It got carried a lot when I lived in IL, sometimes even IWB. Mine is soft shooting and accurate as hell.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

As a long time G34 fan, the G41 is intriguing to me. Time was that the preferred alternative caliber for Glock 9mm was its .40 analog, in order to keep holster commonality. While GEN3/4 .40s are certainly still available, it is interesting to me that GEN5 .40s are no longer holster compatible with their 9mm equivalent, but with the G41 there's a .45 ACP option that can ride in G34 kydex. I don't have any .40s, but I stock .45 for my 1911, and as others have mentioned, my current .45 supply exceeds my 9mm supply. A G41 MOS has a lot of appeal.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    If the Glock 21 has less recoil, what is the point of the 41?

I know I’m missing the obvious lol, but please help me find it.

Heck the Glock 41 intrigues me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If the Glock 21 has less recoil, what is the point of the 41?

I know I’m missing the obvious lol, but please help me find it.

Heck the Glock 41 intrigues me.
    Longer sight radius with irons, fits G34/35 holsters and comes in an MOS version.

Site Supporter

The G41 is a nice pistol. But to be honest the G21 is a bit easier to shoot as the heavier slide soaks up recoil a little better than the G41. If you want a longer sight radius and a little extra velocity the G41 is a good option. It's also a little slimmer than the G21 and fits some of the same holsters as a G34/G35. But you will notice recoil and muzzle rise a little more with the G41 than the G21 -- or at least I do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The G41 is a nice pistol. But to be honest the G21 is a bit easier to shoot as the heavier slide soaks up recoil a little better than the G41. If you want a longer sight radius and a little extra velocity the G41 is a good option. It's also a little slimmer than the G21 and fits some of the same holsters as a G34/G35. But you will notice recoil and muzzle rise a little more with the G41 than the G21 -- or at least I do.

This is my experience as well. If considering a G21, i would buy the gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    As a long time G34 fan, the G41 is intriguing to me. Time was that the preferred alternative caliber for Glock 9mm was its .40 analog, in order to keep holster commonality. While GEN3/4 .40s are certainly still available, it is interesting to me that GEN5 .40s are no longer holster compatible with their 9mm equivalent, but with the G41 there's a .45 ACP option that can ride in G34 kydex. I don't have any .40s, but I stock .45 for my 1911, and as others have mentioned, my current .45 supply exceeds my 9mm supply. A G41 MOS has a lot of appeal.
    These are all the reasons it is appealing to me too. The 41 doesn't seem to be very popular. And for that reason, I don't see Glock ever releasing an MOS version. But it's always a possibility. I don't know what MAP is but the one I found is listed for under $600. Seems reasonable.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    These are all the reasons it is appealing to me too. The 41 doesn't seem to be very popular. And for that reason, I don't see Glock ever releasing an MOS version. But it's always a possibility. I don't know what MAP is but the one I found is listed for under $600. Seems reasonable.
    Uhmmmm The Glock 41 MOS has been available for several years and is currently available.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g41-gen4-mos

User Tag List