Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like or hate about (insert brand)'s AR?

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    The forum isnt really that busy, but its still a decent resource. The SME's seem to respond more on their various private Facebook groups.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. Because they have dozens of facebook groups, most people don't use the forum. I think the content is good over there though. I hate fb and have no idea how people think the "convenience of fb" is worth the trade off in privacy and search-ability. Maybe the orange of PF has hypnotized me to log in all of the time?!?!?!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My facebook has VERY limited firearms content. Would not be interested in mixing the two to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My facebook has VERY limited firearms content. Would not be interested in mixing the two to be honest.
    Fake FB account bro. Use a burner email, random internet selfie pic and a made-up name. FB will be able to figure out it's you based on access point, but other users wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Fake FB account bro. Use a burner email, random internet selfie pic and a made-up name. FB will be able to figure out it's you based on access point, but other users wouldn't.
    I've thought about it... but P-F is probably enough for me at present I have a lot of shitty moderating to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The Colt Trooper carbines they were moving out a few years ago for less than 8 bills were an absolute steal.

Centurion Arms M-Lock rail on a basic 6920.

I picked it up a few years ago, then sold it here a little bit ago when I needed the money.

I am still shooting my same Colt I bought in the late 90s. The original barrel was getting long in the throat, and was replaced with a super skinny one on a new upper.

Between it and another 6920 that has a 2-8 Leupold with a custom BDC dial for 77 grain MK 262 specifically for that gun's 16" barrel, they meet my needs sufficiently.

I realize neither of my optic are cutting edge these days, but I seem to put rounds into flesh and onto steel, so I will keep them on there for now.

The 6920 has a White Oak Armament barrel and it is amazingly accurate. I have been tempted to put a bigger scope on to take better advantage of its accuracy potential, but it would defeat the lightweight concept of the rifle.

Reference the old Colt A3 with ACOG, as "outdated" as the RDO/ACOG setup is, it is amazingly fast for getting first round hits out to pretty good distances.

* Reference the black vet wrap on the buffer tubes, (someone almost always asks). It keeps my beard and mustache hairs from getting ripped out.
    Why is every gun you own so cool?

It's the wood floors
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Mackey is really cool, so all of the wear on his guns is surface finish replaced with cool.

(I noticed the same thing today. His stuff just screams "I'm here for a purpose, and I fulfill it.")
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I have no idea as to whether or not it will become a commercial model, but one item Colt was producing for contract during its commercial hiatus is a 6920 with a Geissele rail, MBUS Pro sights, and a CTR stock. A local Colt LE distributor has some of the overruns.

Some of our guys just did an order of Sionics SBRs, and they seem to be very nicely put together. I wish I had joined in on the order. I may order one once this rush subsides.

I own both Colt and Daniel Defense products, and I am pleased with them. My "favorite" AR though is my YHM in .300 BLK. It's pre MLOK, and has a propriety rail that requires their rail sections, but it simply is my preferred AR from an end user standpoint.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I've thought about it... but P-F is probably enough for me at present I have a lot of shitty moderating to do.
    Meh, P&S peaked in like 2016 and has had a fairly precipitous decline, IMO. It had a pretty meteoric rise and fall; while it's still not terrible, I would not say it's worth the hassle of a burner Facebook account at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Any useful opinions about the usefulness of Primary & Secondary forums? I've listened to the podcast a bit, haven't really spent time on the forum.
    The forum seems to be dying a slow death (which seems to be forums in general). What is posted is pretty good though and the signal to noise ratio is high, but there's a herd mentality led by a core group of posters/moderators when it comes to brand names. They love Hodge, Chambers Custom 1911s and whatever Chuck Pressburg likes.

But since it only gets a few posts a day, I never go there anymore.

User Tag List