Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like or hate about (insert brand)'s AR?

KAC is always the answer.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Also, you don't need to remove the FSB to free-float a 6920. Centurion and Midwest Industries both make a 2pc free float rail system that interfaces on the OE barrel nut and goes around the stock carbine-length FSB. They even offer versions that offer some rail space in front of the FSB which is excellent for mounting a light.
    If you don't care about keeping the front sight, you can always grind it down.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/colt/sa-gas-block
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    BCM is the don't-think-too-hard answer.

Larue's Ultimate Upper package is a hell of a deal too, you just need a lower to assemble it on. https://www.larue.com/products/larue...-15-upper-kit/ I love my 12". Stealth barrel isn't light though, which is neither good nor bad, depending on what you're doing with it.
    Good call on the LaRue - I don't really hear much about them these days!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Sionics is a proven AR builder that offers a very consistent rifle with excellent QC/QA. They aren't the 31 flavors of rifle builders and they basically just offer Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry when it comes to different options, but you can trust that the weapon delivered will be made from quality components and subjected to excellent QC/QA.

BCM is another excellent option and they offer quite a number of different configurations to suit your fancy, both 5.56 and .300BO.

Also, you don't need to remove the FSB to free-float a 6920. Centurion and Midwest Industries both make a 2pc free float rail system that interfaces on the OE barrel nut and goes around the stock carbine-length FSB. They even offer versions that offer some rail space in front of the FSB which is excellent for mounting a light.
    Thanks! Sionics wasn't on my radar. I appreciate the input about QA/QC!

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you don't care about keeping the front sight, you can always grind it down.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/colt/sa-gas-block
    I am not going to lie. That look really intense (in a good way)!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    KAC is always the answer.
    They are definitely on my radar but seem to be polarizing subject.

I saw what Jay Cunningham said in the "why bcm" thread and I haven't figured out if they actually live up to the hype...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Why-BCM/page3

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Good call on the LaRue - I don't really hear much about them these days!
    If I had no AR and somewhat of a budget restraint, I'd probably get a good lower and order the Larue kit. You're rockin' and rollin' for under a grand (not counting optics). BCM actually costs more unless you just get a barrel (I like the ELW's) and build the rest yourself.

This is what I would get for a non-NFA upper:

BCM® MK2 BFH 14.5" Mid Length (ENHANCED Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ MCMR-13 Handguard
    https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mk2-...-13-handguard/

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I would add LMT to the list of known quality manufacturers. I had a Defender 2000, which was basically the twin brother of the Colt 6920, in the mid 2000s that was a solid rifle that I never should have sold. What replaced it was nowhere near as good as the LMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I would add LMT to the list of known quality manufacturers. I had a Defender 2000, which was basically the twin brother of the Colt 6920, in the mid 2000s that was a solid rifle that I never should have sold. What replaced it was nowhere near as good as the LMT.
    LMT is another company you don't "hear" much about these days in the advent of youtube/instagram marketing. While its cool to hear about all the whizbang cool stuff these new manufacturers are doing, I probably shouldn't forget that there are company's out there that have been probably doing the same thing for years and just haven't marketed themselves as such. I can't remember where I heard it but I thought I remember hearing that LMT was sometimes referred to as "Knights Light" but I am not sure the accuracy of that statement not do I know if it was referring to their ar-15 platform.

User Tag List