Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like or hate about (insert brand)'s AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Well 2 trips to the local gun store and nada. Anyone have any tips on finding a halfway decent rifle (like those discussed in this thread)? It seems like gun stores and online are barren. I know, I am about 3 months to late but I thought I would ask anyway. Where do you all go online? Are you setting up alerts for everything?
    I don’t own a Geissele rifle but from what I can see from these specs, their reputation and current market availability, I don’t think you’d go wrong ordering either of these (depending on your budget).

14.5 Pinned

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele...ck-14.5-pinned

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele...-16.25-08-188b

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    I don’t own a Geissele rifle but from what I can see from these specs, their reputation

Dat Super Precision doe.

(Not my picture.)

That’s a Friday lower, or a Monday lower.

That’s a Friday lower, or a Monday lower.
    When QA took a break...

I don’t own a Geissele rifle but from what I can see from these specs, their reputation and current market availability, I don’t think you’d go wrong ordering either of these (depending on your budget).
    They put out some crappy rails...so great trigger doesn't always transfer to a great everything else.

Site Supporter
    If you don't want to go with a 14.5 and worry about pinning/NFA, just got the alert that this 16" is back in stock at Rainier. I put up alerts everywhere thinking it would be a while, but not ready to buy just yet.

https://www.rainierarms.com/bcm-mk2-...-handguard-16/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Dat Super Precision doe.

(Not my picture.)
    In their defense, to the extent that that is a functional surface, I don't see that the cosmetics of that situation have any affect on form/fit/function. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find it meets print. How do the machined dimensions gage?

(It occurs to me that the more advanced machining some manufacturers apply there may be a countermeasure to control and avoid this kind of result.)
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

My recent experience:

Spikes Tactical-
    Purchased a new lower from a local shop. Didnt look closely at it, but jumped on it because it was a logo-less lower.

Started to assemble and found some odd things:
    1) There was a "shelf" machined in the magwell that GI mags would easily snag onName:  20200715_134129.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  33.0 KB
    2) The bolt catch would bind due to the tool paths from the top and side of the receiver being misaligned
    3) There was no radius above the trigger

I notified spikes and they said "Sorry, that came from another machine shop. All of our logoless lowers look like that". They offered to exchange it for free with a spider lower. That one appears to be fine.

Ballistic Advantage:
    Purchased a used pencil barrel upper. The upper has their logo. For some reason the feed lips on 90% of my mags interfere with the inside of the upper. It takes a ton of force to seat an unloaded mag, and a loaded one is nearly impossible( I have to place my right hand on top of the upper over the magwell, left ha d in mag, and squeeze together with barrel pointing up).
    Haven't reached out to them yet to see if they'll so anything.

So 2 bad experiences for my 2 recent purchases from "OK" manufacturers. I'm fed up with it and bought one of the JSE Mega uppers to see if it was decent. Fingers crossed my third try works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Dat Super Precision doe.

(Not my picture.)
    Did it assemble correctly and work? (ie, was the unexpected shape simply cosmetic?)

User Tag List