Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

And in National News

Looks like the presidential race is tightening up, and Minnesota is in play.

https://www.startribune.com/dueling-.../?refresh=true

I wonder if Mr Biden will beclown himself concerning his stance on protests, and if the local BLM misery magnates will make nice, or an unholy stink...

You won't find *me* anywhere near the Capitol complex nor on any sort of major route between here and there. Twin Cities peeps, plan accordingly.

On the plus-side locally for us gunnies, Ramsey County (St Paul) Sheriff Bob Fletcher has been called on the carpet by the MN Gun Owner's Caucus about carry permit application delays, and has opened up a satellite office to deal with the backlog. It took almost 13 weeks for me to get in, but my renewal arrived in 17 days.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 10-29-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Looks like the presidential race is tightening up, and Minnesota is in play.

https://www.startribune.com/dueling-.../?refresh=true

I wonder if Mr Biden will beclown himself concerning his stance on protests, and if the local BLM misery magnates will make nice, or an unholy stink...

You won't find *me* anywhere near the Capitol complex nor on any sort of major route between here and there. Twin Cities peeps, plan accordingly.

On the plus-side locally for us gunnies, Ramsey County (St Paul) Sheriff Bob Fletcher has been called on the carpet by the MN Gun Owner's Caucus about carry permit application delays, and has opened up a satellite office to deal with the backlog. It took almost 13 weeks for me to get in, but my renewal arrived in 17 days.
    Excellent news on the race... Thanks!

I'm very grateful for the TX DPS renewal process. They send you a reminder letter by snail mail 6 months before expiration. You go online, pay your fee, and assuming no issues with your prints on file, you get a new card in about 60 days. No issues or delays with COVID from what I'm reading. I renewed in March, just before things went COVID and got my new card in just a bit over 60 days.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I don't know much about the source, but if the reporting is accurate, this bodes ill: https://alphanewsmn.com/minneapolis-...Pag4YRx58fALnQ

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Excellent news on the race... Thanks!

I'm very grateful for the TX DPS renewal process. They send you a reminder letter by snail mail 6 months before expiration. You go online, pay your fee, and assuming no issues with your prints on file, you get a new card in about 60 days. No issues or delays with COVID from what I'm reading. I renewed in March, just before things went COVID and got my new card in just a bit over 60 days.
    Our system in MN is both better and worse than that - you have to apply for permits (and renewals) in person, but no fingerprints are required, and the sheriff's office processing your application is required by law to get you your permit (or a denial) within 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I don't know much about the source, but if the reporting is accurate, this bodes ill: https://alphanewsmn.com/minneapolis-...Pag4YRx58fALnQ
    Oy! Yeah, that would be a pretty bad turn. I wonder if Gov Walz is keeping the MN National Guard on Speed Dial!

I think the vast amount of Viet and Hmong folks - the ones I keep seeing as they buy out the entire inventories of the gun stores- will have a say on whether they are willing to see yet another insurrection play out here in St Paul.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Oy! Yeah, that would be a pretty bad turn. I wonder if Gov Walz is keeping the MN National Guard on Speed Dial!

I think the vast amount of Viet and Hmong folks - the ones I keep seeing as they buy out the entire inventories of the gun stores- will have a say on whether they are willing to see yet another insurrection play out here in St Paul.
    I guess all we can really do is make sure we're individually prepared and hope that the governor and the cities' leadership learned something from how things went this summer.

Christ, I wish we could talk about how the Walleyes are biting up there rather than some wacko’s who want to kill cops.😔
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I guess all we can really do is make sure we're individually prepared and hope that the governor and the cities' leadership learned something from how things went this summer.
    Y’all be safe up there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Y’all be safe up there.
    Thanks for the well wishes. That's the plan.

Certainly wishing you the best, but I’d be lying if I wouldn’t be tickled to see some video of some Vietnam era Viet or Hmong laying down the heat on rioters

User Tag List