Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

What the video (discussed in the post above) doesn't address is whether or not he was justified in using deadly force in and during the events for which he has been charged. It will be an interesting legal argument in pre-trial evidentiary hearings.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.axios.com/anthony-huber-...73d805914.html

The family of Anthony Huber, one of the men Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of fatally shooting during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last year, filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday claiming police failed to intervene and conspired with white militia members.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What the video (discussed in the post above) doesn't address is whether or not he was justified in using deadly force in and during the events for which he has been charged. It will be an interesting legal argument in pre-trial evidentiary hearings.
    Yeah, I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

Anyone ever gotten convicted on "looking for trouble "? To use an exaggerated example: If I got up at 3am. Put on some clothes with insensitive language printed on them, strapped on a firearm, left my quiet middle of nowhere house and drove to cracktown central and started my own piece full protest, then when the attack comes made certain all of the checkboxes for deadly force use were made; is the DA going to say I had no business being there and I brought it on myself?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    …and started my own piece full protest
    This is a brilliant play on words.

That is all.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

Anyone ever gotten convicted on "looking for trouble "? To use an exaggerated example: If I got up at 3am. Put on some clothes with insensitive language printed on them, strapped on a firearm, left my quiet middle of nowhere house and drove to cracktown central and started my own piece full protest, then when the attack comes made certain all of the checkboxes for deadly force use were made; is the DA going to say I had no business being there and I brought it on myself?
    The lawyers will take advantage of any latitude granted by the court. (That goes for both sides.)

It's up to the court to use wisdom in its application of the law. (That is a crap shoot at best.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think this video has more to do with tainting the jury then being real evidence. Unless they have someone who will testify that they recorded the video, and it was Kyle that said that then I don't see it being included as evidence.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Word is that he had his license suspended for non-payment of child support.
    (Which wouldn't make sense if he had never had a MN license.
    There is bad info or disinformation circulating, and the local media seems to just hope the public won't notice.)

Anyway, that law was just rescinded, and some folks tried to tie it to him & the DFL this last week.
    The State Senate was the body that repealed it and they are controlled by the (very oppositional) R's.

But yeah, racist.

(Copy Boy bursts in and hands a sheet to the editor)

Meanwhile, the plot thickens on that drivers license conundrum calling into question Thompson's basic eligibility to even serve as a representative of his district:

https://www.fox9.com/news/questions-...r-traffic-stop

I'm smiling while typing this.

Part of me wants to see @SouthNarc hired to evict Thompson from his state office with cameras rolling.
    Your driving privileges can be legally suspended for cause in a state in which you don’t hold a DL or if you don’t hold a DL at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Your driving privileges can be legally suspended for cause in a state in which you don’t hold a DL or if you don’t hold a DL at all.
    The first doesn't surprise me; the second part does. I would think that not having a D/L would preclude you from having any driving privileges at all. I suppose I could see the legal thinking, but it's not intuitive. (To me, anyway.)

So things are getting odder in Minneapolis. There are more and more occurances like this one:

https://www.startribune.com/7-people...lis&stream=top

There are more and more shooting incidents utilizing fully automatic weaponry. I lived in Oakland CA during the Crack Wars in 1990-91 and didn't hear or hear about so many burp guns.

And at the same time, a group fronted by the more activist members of the Minneapolis City Council have gotten a measure on the November Ballot to change the city charter so that it does not require a police force, and would move the control over the existing force from the Mayor's office to the City Council. Further, it would change to police force to an as-yet-undefined "Public Safety Dept".

https://www.minneapolismn.gov/govern...ent-proposals/

The way this is being done seems to me to be an attempt to set up conditions to be more like Chicago, where the organized crime groups have a seat at the table and help set budgets...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Is FA confirmed, or are is thst just word on the street? Lots of folks mistake rapid fire/bump fire for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Is FA confirmed, or are is thst just word on the street? Lots of folks mistake rapid fire/bump fire for it.
    These are Minneapolis Shot Spotter recordings from the last couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...074878979?s=20

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...963944976?s=20

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...853291011?s=20

The location of the microphone array is noted on the audio file.

I have only ever heard bump stocks couple of times, but have put mags through an Uzi, an S & W 76, and an M1 Carbine with a broken sear.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List