Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I thought this was satire, I was wrong.
    Because they don't want to be sued for giving poor advice when a citizen decides to fight his or her assailant and loses. Telling folks to defend themselves would never get past the bean counters.

And let's face it, this country has established over the past decades, (on virtually every level), that telling the truth is not something it's in the business of.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah, I guess "Be prepared to shoot them in the fucking face" would not, really, resonate with the folks.
    Meanwhile, 5 miles east in St Paul, some of these same gang- related incidents are occurring, but getting much harder pushback from both police and citizens.
    There have been two notable occasions during the last few weeks where robberies and a carjacking were foiled. One with a nice use of pepper spray and deception, leading to capture, and one with a concealed firearm.
    (to be honest, the gangsters might have tried to stick up a retired Mob capo, and they're lucky to all still be breathing.)

The Ramsey County Sheriff personally led a multi-agency, multi-county pursuit & arrest of an underage carjacking crew two days ago. The driver & gun carrier was 13.(!?!!)
    (ETA: The carjacking crew was apprehended in Minneapolis, as it happens. Minneapolis PD and Hennepin County SD were there.)

As for Minneapolis, I just don't see how it ends. The last big crime spike in the early 90s brought the Jesse Ventura governorship and shall-issue pistol licenses. There is a pretty hard desire for Ordnung not too deep under the surface here.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 08-02-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    There is a pretty hard desire for Ordnung not too deep under the surface here.
    Sounds like Amish match between the general public’s opinions and those of the elected officials...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Sounds like Amish match between the general public’s opinions and those of the elected officials...

I had to look that up.

I meant in the Prussian sense, doncha know?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

I had to look that up.

I meant in the Prussian sense, doncha know?
    I tried to figure out the Norwegian equivalent. It’s unsurprisingly complicated.
    Ignore Alien Orders

(to be honest, the gangsters might have tried to stick up a retired Mob capo, and they're lucky to all still be breathing.).
    Sounds like a run in with Baba Yaga.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Sounds like a run in with Baba Yaga.
    Yeah, no kidding. It was outside a longstanding Italian restaurant on 7th Street near downtown known for steaks as well as a "colorful" clientele in the past.
    The fact that bystanders saw the elderly suit wearing Italian-American gentleman smile at the gun in his face before drawing his own might have been a clue...would-be robbers ran like stink.

Yeah, no kidding. It was outside a longstanding Italian restaurant on 7th Street near downtown known for steaks as well as a "colorful" clientele in the past.
    The fact that bystanders saw the elderly suit wearing Italian-American gentleman smile at the gun in his face before drawing his own might have been a clue...would-be robbers ran like stink.
    Would that be Louis Ristorante upstairs from Cosetta, or somewhere else on 7th? (Man, the last time I had a steak at Louis, it was *excellent*. )

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Would that be Louis Ristorante upstairs from Cosetta, or somewhere else on 7th? (Man, the last time I had a steak at Louis, it was *excellent*. )
    Nope, Mancini's. You can get a fine meal at both, though.

https://reason.com/2020/08/13/minnea...full/#comments

How can the government ignore their responsibility for protecting businesses and then demand taxes be payed before the businesses can be rebuilt after they were left to burn and be looted?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List