Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    These are Minneapolis Shot Spotter recordings from the last couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...074878979?s=20

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...963944976?s=20

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...853291011?s=20

The location of the microphone array is noted on the audio file.

I have only ever heard bump stocks couple of times, but have put mags through an Uzi, an S & W 76, and an M1 Carbine with a broken sear.
    Listen to the cadence of the shots, not the speed. Even cadence = full-auto, intentional or otherwise (broken sear). Ragged cadence = something else.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Sorry, I need the gun in hand. The LV shooters shit sounded like belt feds. Not saying its not, but I've only seen two FA guns on the street in my career. A Glock came through with one of those Chinese switches that made it in the country not long ago. Funny, in both cases the feds declined to prosecute the perps. In the very recent case of the G18 wannabe, juvenile gangbangers had it.

Not a fan of shotspotter either. Money grubbing scam IMO. I got it killed at my agency ten years ago. They recently installed it thanks to a grant written by a promotion seeking house mouse clown, who was terminated in disgrace and for cause before it got him brownie points. Now they are stuck with it. Fortunately, I'm retired from there and just gave them notice on the PT gig I was doing for them. That SS is going to increase the workload pointlessly in the unit I was working. Back to being retired in two weeks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Sorry, I need the gun in hand. The LV shooters shit sounded like belt feds. Not saying its not, but I've only seen two FA guns on the street in my career. A Glock came through with one of those Chinese switches that made it in the country not long ago. Funny, in both cases the feds declined to prosecute the perps. In the very recent case of the G18 wannabe, juvenile gangbangers had it.

Not a fan of shotspotter either. Money grubbing scam IMO. I got it killed at my agency ten years ago. They recently installed it thanks to a grant written by a promotion seeking house mouse clown, who was terminated in disgrace and for cause before it got him brownie points. Now they are stuck with it. Fortunately, I'm retired from there and just gave them notice on the PT gig I was doing for them. That SS is going to increase the workload pointlessly in the unit I was working. Back to being retired in two weeks.
    Our city recently adopted SS. For the first few months it was alert tones, secured air, priority one calls. There were arrests, but the immediacy quickly waned...

pat

first hyper local news, then the big-picture stuff.

We lost one of the "Rooftop Koreans". Eff Cancer.

Name:  Tuan_Pham_photo_HS.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  96.9 KB

He started a family auto repair business that is a neighborhood anchor. It is located where the thick of the arson and looting occurred in St Paul, but was untouched. One can easily guess why.

Next, the St Paul Police Chief, Todd Axtell, is trying to make the case for a budget increase, citing the percentage below strength the department has been running. Several asshat city council members
    (including mine, the quite odious Mitra Jalali) are going full Bolshevik on him*.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/09/0...cant-cop-jobs/

(If you can'y read the article, go to your browser's preference menu, and de-select Java Script, then refresh the screen. just remember to turn it back on or nothing will function properly.)

Next post will have an overview of Minneapolis's election hijinks, and some of the crime issues that are alarming nearly everyone.

* It's no surprise, she was an aide to Keith Ellison when he was the congress critter, and is fully invested in that cell of apparatchiks. She has betrayed every different constituent group she used to get elected, and is just as physically dangerous as Chuck Schumer when close to a microphone.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

The switch kiddies are still out there, despite the best efforts of the local BATFE office.

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...448856072?s=20
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Site Supporter
    The switch kiddies are still out there, despite the best efforts of the local BATFE office.

https://twitter.com/Libertyfist/stat...448856072?s=20
    Both BATFE and ICE/HSI are working these as they are shipped from China falsely declared as "airsoft gun" parts.

We've seen about a dozen here including one which was installed on a Glock 23 which was pawned, not redeemed and unwittingly offered for sale in a local chain pawn shop.

We've also seen 3D printed drop in auto sears for AR's aka "wall hangers."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Both BATFE and ICE/HSI are working these as they are shipped from China falsely declared as "airsoft gun" parts.

We've seen about a dozen here including one which was installed on a Glock 23 which was pawned, not redeemed and unwittingly offered for sale in a local chain pawn shop.

We've also seen 3D printed drop in auto sears for AR's aka "wall hangers."
    Thanks for the update, @HCM.

Pawned, not redeemed, and put up for sale, eh? *That* had to have been a couple of awkward conversations with the manager, corporate, and the employees. I wonder if the customer used their real ID?

(And yeah, China. They're enjoying this opportunity. Maybe we ought to make sure the next million tons of soybeans China buys have abnormally high estrogen levels, just for the gesture.)

More on the increasing prevalence of full-auto usage in Minneapolis:

https://kstp.com/news/surge-in-minne...-2021/6255659/

As an aside, I was probably targeted by three would-be carjackers yesterday while stopped at a light a block north of the Western District St Paul Police Station about 3 PM. They crossed the street mid-block from the west side -two lanes each way- while pulling up their hoodies and lead dude went toward the front of my vehicle while the other two went toward the back. All had both hands in their pockets and the rear two wore masks. The alarm in my head went to full "Klang!" and I immediately moved to the right lane and turned east on University Ave with all four tires chirping. Hybrid drivetrain for the win, I guess.
    I did let the PD know as soon as I got home 10 mins later. No word on if they were robbers or just look-alike idiots, or if they actually got anything yesterday.

FWIW, I don't look much like Leo Prinsloo...

More on the increasing prevalence of full-auto usage in Minneapolis:

https://kstp.com/news/surge-in-minne...-2021/6255659/

As an aside, I was probably targeted by three would-be carjackers yesterday while stopped at a light a block north of the Western District St Paul Police Station about 3 PM. They crossed the street mid-block from the west side -two lanes each way- while pulling up their hoodies and lead dude went toward the front of my vehicle while the other two went toward the back. All had both hands in their pockets and the rear two wore masks. The alarm in my head went to full "Klang!" and I immediately moved to the right lane and turned east on University Ave with all four tires chirping. Hybrid drivetrain for the win, I guess.
    I did let the PD know as soon as I got home 10 mins later. No word on if they were robbers or just look-alike idiots, or if they actually got anything yesterday.

FWIW, I don't look much like Leo Prinsloo...
    Ugh. All of it. Stay alert out there, my friend.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

T'was sporty over the last couple of nights in Mpls/ St Paul.

A several-mile-long rolling gun battle between two vehicles culminated in a crash with a bystander killed by one of the vehicles in downtown Minneapolis. All of the dirtbags in the car were apprehended.

https://kfgo.com/2021/10/07/innocent...20the%20scene.

And a popular downtown bar was the scene of a mass shooting in St Paul last night around 12:15 am. 1 DOA, 14 wounded. Seems likely gang-related, from bystanders comments. At least one of the perpetrators was wounded and scooped up by the police.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/1...-paul-shooting

Not mentioned in the article: another shooting at a bar 1.8 miles away about 15 minutes later had over 50 casings recovered. No word on any injuries.
    Also not mentioned: Every single available SPPD unit was out on these calls. Hennepin County Sheriff's Office (Minneapolis), Maplewood Police (north & east border of St Paul), Metro Transit Police, and Ramsey County Sheriff's Office were also present and responding to calls in St Paul. Regions Hospital -the local level 1 trauma center- was on lockdown for several hours after taking in some of the wounded.

Meanwhile, about 1:05 am this morning some fool cracked off 9 rounds on a street 5 blocks from here and a bunch of neighbors also called it in to the dispatchers. We probably saved the life of the person found shot in a near-by alley a few minutes later. I've not been able to gather any further info on them so far.

I was chided on the local neighborhood Facebook page by sumchik for diverting police resources. (Her answer? Gather up all the guns, of course. <facepalm>.)

User Tag List