Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Good luck to those poor souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Due to the police-involved shooting in Brooklyn Center (about 10 miles north/NW of Minneapolis) this last weekend and reported elsewhere here,
    sporadic looting has started to occur in Brooklyn Center itself, Minneapolis, and Saint Paul. Or perhaps its another convenient excuse; they seem to abound.
    There are apparently several instances happening right this minute in the Midway district of St Paul, where most of the 2020 riot damage occurred.

Will update as vetted info comes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    7pm curfew tonight for Ramsey, Hennepin and Anoka counties so far
    Good luck to you all. Stay safe.

If I had inventory in a small store anywhere near where the shenanigans took place last year, I'd be trying to move it out in daylight, if at all possible. Unfortunately, many probably can't. I feel bad for those who suffer tonight as a result of a bunch of lawless assholes being lawless assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good luck to you all. Stay safe.

If I had inventory in a small store anywhere near where the shenanigans took place last year, I'd be trying to move it out in daylight, if at all possible. Unfortunately, many probably can't. I feel bad for those who suffer tonight as a result of a bunch of lawless assholes being lawless assholes.
    As I posted earlier in the Brooklyn Center thread, friends who run a guitar shop quite nearby to me heard about potential shenanigans last evening and drove over. What they saw caused them to begin emptying their shop of inventory and customer repairs at 12:45 this AM.
    They were looted clean of their inventory in the May '20 riots, and only survived because of a GoFundMe campaign started by friends.
    Thankfully the last time they had gotten all the consignment and repair instruments out before the locusts hit, or they'd still be in the hole by hundreds of thousands...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

As announced above by @helothar , there is a 7pm to 6am curfew tonight in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Anoka Counties in MN.
    Total population for these counties is 2,173,085 people. The population of the state is 5,640,00 people. So nearly 30%.

All police officers in St Paul are on duty tonight; I expect the Ramsey County Sheriff Dept will do the same.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

As announced above by @helothar , there is a 7pm to 6am curfew tonight in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Anoka Counties in MN.
    Total population for these counties is 2,173,085 people. The population of the state is 5,640,00 people. So nearly 30%.

All police officers in St Paul are on duty tonight; I expect the Ramsey County Sheriff Dept will do the same.
    I hope you own a carbine with a detachable magazine. Good luck.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

stuff...
    You take care of you and yours, brother. Let us know if we can send supplies by Amazon drone.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Well, God bless our law enforcement officers all the time, and especially those up in MN at this time.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

https://www.facebook.com/10004974519...7193260615512/

It's a Facebook link; one of my neighbors took video of MN NG units pouring into St Paul off of I-35.

The county-wide curfews are lifted. Minneapolis & St Paul have declared city-wide curfews from 10pm to 6am tonight.
    It has been fairly quiet in this part of the city, so far as I can ascertain. Here's hoping it stays that way!

The folks at Powerline are doing a great job over the last few days discussing the political aspect of policing issues in Brooklyn Center, Minneapolis, and Hennepin County, generally. I was unaware that there is a joint support agreement between the law enforcement agencies of 7 counties, and that the bozos on the City Councils of both Minneapolis and Brooklyn Center have endangered that agreement.

Here are links to the articles:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-hellworld.php

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...ellworld-2.php

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...ellworld-3.php

Note that the Brooklyn Center situation declined enough that the joint command empowering NG and state & local units sent National Guardsmen to BC to protect the Police Department complex.

Meanwhile, The Minneapolis School District has decided that the kids will go back to distance learning this week (They've only been back in physical classrooms for maybe two weeks now), as they expect urban unrest come Wednesday or so.

I really need another couple of extinguishers and another fire ladder. (And maybe the ability to call in air support.... )

The good folks in MN are in my prayers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

And, an extra prayer, for the MN folks, tonight...
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List