Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    (add your favorite Three Stooges noises here)

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapoli...-chauvin-trial
    13-0.

My friend, I hate to say it, but I’m beginning to lose hope for that beautiful, artsy city.

That said, I used to live in Seattle, so pot/kettle and all that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If they were to get the right folks, influencers could help them with their goal of reaching people who don’t follow the media or who may not speak English. But as The New York Times notes,
    ...the program is likely to encounter deep skepticism from residents who don’t trust the city to relay truthful information about the trials of its former officers.
    In other words, they’ve destroyed their own credibility with their previous clown-shoe tendencies.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Operation Safety Net!

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    If they were to get the right folks, influencers could help them with their goal of reaching people who don’t follow the media or who may not speak English. But as The New York Times notes,

In other words, they’ve destroyed their own credibility with their previous clown-shoe tendencies.
    What? You do not believe this collection of receding hairlines and Grey hair does not have their fingers on the pulse of #MSP youth?

Name:  9589C406-39B5-4665-AC55-DDC790D38FC4.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  52.9 KB

The PoPo has a Facebook site up for the Grandparent set and are planning for a website this week.
    Also on their to-do list is undated resignation letters and updating their resumes. https://www.facebook.com/MNOperationSafetyNet

It is a No Win situation. For law enforcement and for the bulk of the community.

This is posted as a sticky on the St Paul Police Dept Facebook page.
    I will give them credit for trying to get positive community engagement with the PD and city government. What I am not seeing is any encouragement to keep any protests or demonstrations lawful and non-destructive.

PINNED POST
    Saint Paul Police Department - Western District
    February 26 at 12:58 PM ·
    Are you a business owner, operator, or a concerned citizen in Saint Paul who’s interested in enhancing the safety and security of your operations and staff—especially during unrest?
    If so, the Saint Paul Police Department invites you to attend a virtual workshop.
    The Operations Division Districts are hosting several hour-long Zoom meetings to help businesses and residents in the city plan and prepare for potential unrest.
    Each meeting will include:
    • a timeline of planned and possible protests, demonstrations, and marches in the city, including the high-profile court proceedings involving former police officers in Minneapolis (scheduled to begin Monday, March 8),
    • an overview of steps the police department is taking to protect people, property, and free speech throughout the spring and summer,
    • a presentation on practical steps businesses can take to protect their employees and operations during any unrest,
    • the opportunity to ask and engage with City Officials, Police, and other Business Owners and Community Members
    • an opportunity to sign up for a free premise security survey.
    Registration is free and the workshops are open to business owners and residents in Saint Paul. Please note that the schedule is subject to change. To register, please click on the following link and fill out the form:
    https://app.smartsheet.com/.../16aa0...4524829f08c59c...
    Once you've filled out the form, more information about the workshop will be emailed to you the day before the scheduled meeting.
    A list of scheduled workshops follows. You can feel free to sign up for any and all meetings you are interested in attending regardless of your location in the city.
    Protecting Your Business and Property During Civil Unrest Workshop Schedule:
    • Noon, Wednesday, March 3 – With the North End Business
    Association
    • 11:00 a.m. Thursday, March 4 – With the East Side Area
    Business Association
    • 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 4 – With the Sunray Area
    Businesses
    • 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 8 – Central District Community
    Meeting
    • 11 a.m. Thursday, March 11 – With the East Side Area Business
    Association
    • 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 16 – Eastern District Community
    Meeting
    • 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 16 – Western District Community
    Meeting
    • 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 16-Western District Business
    Meeting
    • 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 16 – Eastern District Community
    Meeting
    • 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 16 – Western District Community
    Meeting
    • 11 a.m. Thursday, March 18 – With the East Side Area Business
    Association
    • 11 a.m. Thursday, March 25 – With the East Side Area Business
    Association.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Good luck y’all.

Any sign of outside groups e.g. Portland Antifa or are the factions likely to foster shenanigans homegrown? Also, what is the typical weather like in MSP in Mar/Apr?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good luck y’all.

Any sign of outside groups e.g. Portland Antifa or are the factions likely to foster shenanigans homegrown? Also, what is the typical weather like in MSP in Mar/Apr?
    I think there's a good chance of some outside group participation, but have no actual info to back it up.
    When one of the Minneapolis City Council members and his father, the current State Attorney General, both publicly support Antifa, there's bound to be at least some. The various Black Lives Matter factions can also bring out-state groups in.

March and April are both rapidly changeable here; it's lovely, bright and high 40s today, but could easily snow 6" next week.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

I'd never wish foul weather on anyone but it sounds like you guys might need it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The blogger down the road offers this bit from yesterday:

http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=77096

It's not encouraging. Here across the river in St Paul, we *may* have the benefit of a slightly more independent PD Chief with a slightly less undermanned and demoralized department, plus a sheriff who is clearly out for political blood from the county executives. Let's hope the PD holds the bridges again this time, too.

A relative who is a significant commercial developer with large projects in the surrounding area sent me this article. Here’s the opening paragraph:

As neighbors of 38th Street and Chicago Avenue, also known as George Floyd Square or the autonomous zone, we are witnessing a revolution by day and a devolution by night.
    And this:
    5 p.m.: Thirty shots hit cars and the windows and siding of at least one house, narrowly missing residents watching TV. Parents and children out biking and walking on a sunny day duck behind houses, children watch bullets kicking up dust in the street. A zone leader visits a bullet-riddled house to comfort the family while others from the zone are observed picking up shell casings behind her.
    https://www.startribune.com/near-geo...ght/600034699/

I would anticipate that this only gets worse. There is literally no way the George Floyd trial ends up In a fashion which will mollify the activists/anarchists, etc. Autonomous zones, riots, political violence, anarchy are increasingly becoming normalized phenomenon in this country. For those around in the 60s, does this feel similar, or different in anyway? Prayers for those in the immediate vicinity of this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    A relative who is a significant commercial developer with large projects in the surrounding area sent me this article. Here’s the opening paragraph:

And this:

https://www.startribune.com/near-geo...ght/600034699/

I would anticipate that this only gets worse. There is literally no way the George Floyd trial ends up In a fashion which will mollify the activists/anarchists, etc. Autonomous zones, riots, political violence, anarchy are increasingly becoming normalized phenomenon in this country. For those around in the 60s, does this feel similar, or different in anyway? Prayers for those in the immediate vicinity of this event.

Man, the hits just keep on coming, don't they? It's nearly 50 F and beautiful out, too.

User Tag List