Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Here's a rough scorecard. This map is of carjackings in Minneapolis for 2020 and 2021, so far.

https://power96radio.com/a-minnesota...n-minneapolis/

Name:  3z1dCk_0czU6qPl00.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  101.3 KB

The accompanying article makes this point:

"The numbers are really mind-blowing. According to the data from Steve Taylor in a post to the Uptown Crime page, so far in 2021, there have been 492* carjackings and 2020 had 170 total for a one-year total of 662 carjackings in Minneapolis. Taylor added in the post that "This doesn't include car thefts, which there have been an additional 3387. Between car thefts and carjackings (robbery with car theft), there have been a total of 3879 cars taken, almost 1% of the population of Minneapolis have had their car taken in 2021, and 4035 car thefts/carjackings in 2020."

I cannot fathom that level of activity, and wonder where the bigger crime organizations have a role.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Well, let's see.

Both Minneapolis and St Paul had their first homicides of the year over the last few days.

Carjackings are still taking place in Minneapolis at a rate of over 1/day.

The Minneapolis PD just posted this on their Facebook page:

Name:  271857174_10161751434042516_6273816344847852982_n.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  57.4 KB

Minneapolis Police Department
    Paid Partnership · 4h ·
    Violent Crime Enforcement Detail

On Friday, January 7th, The Minneapolis Police Gun Investigation Unit and Minneapolis Police Community Response Teams (CRT) partnered with the Hennepin County Violent Offender Task Force (VOTF), ATF, HSI, FBI, and BCA agents in a task force focused on violent crime and gun violence.

This detail worked through the afternoon, evening, night, and early morning in neighborhoods throughout the City of Minneapolis.

During the detail, members witnessed gunfire from a stolen vehicle, had a squad rammed by a suspect trying to flee, used a tire deflating tool to end a pursuit, and were involved in two separate foot pursuits with fleeing suspects. All of these resulted in arrests and bookings.

Members also assisted at the scene of a shooting and with an Amber alert for a one-year-old.

This detail resulted in:
    • TEN firearms recovered including two with FULL AUTO SWITCHES: one of those with a 50 round drum magazine
    • 71 grams of CRACK Cocaine
    • 14.3 grams of powder Cocaine
    • 2 grams of Methamphetamine
    • 60.7 grams of Heroin
    • $9215 Seized
    • 17 suspects arrested and booked: One a murder suspect

This detail consisted of dedicated, knowledgeable, and effective individuals who performed well in several dangerous situations. MPD is appreciative to its members and the members from partnering agencies. Minneapolis is also appreciative for the help and support of the Minneapolis Emergency Communications Center (MECC), Minneapolis Auto Theft Unit, Minneapolis Strategic Information Center (SIC), and the Hennepin County Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis (CISA) team.

MPD will provide updated information in the weeks to come about charges stemming from the arrests of this detail. See less
    — with Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.
    And freshly re-elected Mayor Frey of Minneapolis is pleading with the City School District to keep in-class sessions going so the high school students don't have as much free time to go out and commit carjackings.

https://alphanews.org/mayor-frey-ple...-cant-carjack/

just laughing to keep from crying here...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post

This detail resulted in:
    • TEN firearms recovered including two with FULL AUTO SWITCHES: one of those with a 50 round drum magazine
    • 71 grams of CRACK Cocaine
    • 14.3 grams of powder Cocaine
    • 2 grams of Methamphetamine
    • 60.7 grams of Heroin
    • $9215 Seized
    • 17 suspects arrested and booked: One a murder suspect

1. Shoot, a man could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!

2. Man, the NFA is so damn effective in preventing criminals from obtaining class 3 items.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    1. Shoot, a man could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!

2. Man, the NFA is so damn effective in preventing criminals from obtaining class 3 items.
    Major Klong would probably zero right in on fixing the Twin Cities' problems.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Major Klong would probably zero right in on fixing the Twin Cities' problems.😁
    If you asked, I'm sure he'd drop on in!

But wait, there's more!

https://www.ramseycounty.us/content/...ginning-jan-18

Looks like some excitement is expected in downtown St Paul next week at the start of the Federal trial for the three other Minneapolis Police Department officers present at the George Floyd incident on 5/2020.
    Oy.

Never a dull moment, eh?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A thoughtful article

The author of this Wall Street Journal article wrote a famous one for Time Magazine in 1973 about Minneapolis and how well they were running things there.
    It's worth reading.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/minneso...2AuhSq4MRBo9hU

I am awaiting confirmation, but apparently this morning Minneapolis had the first known Carjacker-shot-in-the-face-by-intended-victim incident. I'll post it in the appropriate thread if it pans out as real.

Well… That escalated quickly.

TLDR - Minneapolis SWAT entering three apartments under search warrant for a Saint Paul homicide investigation.
    Entering one of the apartments, an individual who appeared to be sleeping then reaches for a handgun. He is shot and killed.

Body camera video.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Minneapolis...ody_cam_video/

Key lesson: Do not draw against SWAT. Doesn’t end well.

User Tag List