Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Kanye Wyoming the other day to a lawyer friend in Minneapolis (let's call him Snoop Viking):

Are you still working mostly from home or do you have credentials that allow you entry into the green zone?
    Snoop Viking:

In 3 weeks I plan to organize a world record marshmallow roast as the city of Minneapolis will likely be a big bonfire. Sell your Autozone shares!

While I haven’t followed the case closely, every litigator I know in town says the prosecution of George Floyd is going to be a disaster.

If they’re trying to prosecute George Floyd, that does set a new standard for incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    There is no possible way that this trial goes off in a way that doesn’t spark a general atmosphere of apeshittery.
    The facts of the case as outlined in the article Lex linked match my understanding...and do not match the rage that was drummed up last summer, so yeah, it's almost surely going to be a shit show in our area.

It’s a real rock/hard place between justice and peace and some sort of balancing act between the two concerns. I’m personally in the camp that thinks that there’s already been happenings around this trial that were designed to keep your digs from erupting in flame (again), but I’m cynical like that.
    I really hope they're better prepared this time around, because I have significant doubts about their social media campaign being able to reduce the impact if the outcome matches up with the facts rather than the previous statements of the mayor and governor.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I really hope they're better prepared this time around, because I have significant doubts about their social media campaign being able to reduce the impact if the outcome matches up with the facts rather than the previous statements of the mayor and governor.
    I read that article to say that the City of Minneapolis will again abdicate their responsibility to stop riots and arrest rioters. Instead, they'll use social media, "safety toolkits", and community organizers to do, umm, something...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I read that article to say that the City of Minneapolis will again abdicate their responsibility to stop riots and arrest rioters. Instead, they'll use social media, "safety toolkits", and community organizers to do, umm, something...
    No doubt you're right, but as someone who at least occasionally has to go into Minneapolis for work, I *hope* you're wrong.

Again Powerline has some good updates on the upcoming trial today, written by co-founder Scott Johnson, a Minneapolis attorney who teaches at UC Berkeley.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...al-preview.php

I find myself wondering just what is the prosecution's tack, considering they removed the duty from a very capable and experienced prosecutor's office and brought in Obama administration heavy hitters.
    Are they shooting for another set of race/class wars?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Again Powerline has some good updates on the upcoming trial today, written by co-founder Scott Johnson, a Minneapolis attorney who teaches at UC Berkeley.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...al-preview.php

I find myself wondering just what is the prosecution's tack, considering they removed the duty from a very capable and experienced prosecutor's office and brought in Obama administration heavy hitters.
    Are they shooting for another set of race/class wars?
    You raise good questions. Reading from the blog’s perspective, it sure looks like a brute force trial hack is in the works.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You raise good questions. Reading from the blog’s perspective, it sure looks like a brute force trial hack is in the works.
    Show Trial. The Left loves them some show trials.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

(add your favorite Three Stooges noises here)

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapoli...-chauvin-trial
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    (add your favorite Three Stooges noises here)

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapoli...-chauvin-trial
    “Social Media Influencers?”

Lord have mercy.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List