Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Yes!

Also, no PSDs for any politician who advocates defunding the police. You now get to live in the jungle with the rest of us.

Seriously, fuck these people.

Okie John
    So how do you really feel.

None of these people will feel the pain their decisions bring. EVER. Be it having to deal with homeless folks cropping in their yards to no police response. Never going to happen. History is replete with the elite living consequence free. Mere mortal peons always need to feed or protect their families so ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the unrest that remains throughout Minneapolis, I'm surprised we haven't seen a city council member attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
    Given the unrest that remains throughout Minneapolis, I'm surprised we haven't seen a city council member attacked.
    It *is* surprising.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
    Jo Ann Hardesty in PDX brought in a guy specifically to help bring about defunding. Then she tried to ram though a budget that nobody had been given time to read. He refused to vote on it and shitbirds vandalized his house that night.

City council members who are seen as uncooperative might be next.

They would all do well to remember how Robespierre died.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The shade of Heath Ledger smiles his grimy smile...

"Annnnnd here we go..."

Below is a Facebook posting from Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher, entered just an hour ago. (10:00 am, 11/17/2020)

Ramsey County is where capitol city St Paul is located, and has the second-highest population in the state, behind neighboring Hennepin County, where Minneapolis is located.
    Fletcher, while not perfect, has at least been friendly and sometimes responsive to all-civil-rights-types such as ourselves. Self-aggrandizing, certainly, but not haughty.
    https://www.ramseycounty.us/your-gov...county-sheriff

Here is the Facebook posting:

"Bob Fletcher
    1h ·
    It’s time to have your voice heard. The Twin Cities are on pace to set record homicide rates, record shooting rates, and record street robbery rates. In my four decades of law enforcement I have never seen such an accelerating trend in violence - and I have seen it all since 1977. Even so, Mayor Melvin Carter and the St Paul City Council are still planning to reduce the St Paul Police Department by 40 positions. Down to 590 from 630. This will have a significant impact on their ability to prevent crime and keep us safe. The 2021 budget also does not include the needed “Shotspotter” technology. On Wednesday December 2nd the City Council will discuss Mayor Carter’s proposed budget cut. It’s time to let your voice be heard regarding the proposal. Please send an email to Mayor Carter or Council President Amy Brendmoen to let them know your thoughts and concerns regarding public safety and the proposed reduction in officers. City residency is preferred - but if you work in - or visit our “Capital City” - I’m sure they will welcome your thoughts. Your input can be forwarded to the following addresses:
    melvin.carter@ci.stpaul.mn.us and/or openbudgetsite@ci.stpaul.mn.us
    amy.brendmoen@ci.stpaul.mn.us and/or
    ward5@ci.stpaul.mn.us
    Please feel free to send me a BCC at bob.fletcher@co.ramsey.mn.us as I would appreciate hearing your thoughts either way. Your comments on this post would be helpful as well. And please forward and share this request with your friends.
    Thanks so much.
    Bob"
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

I will add that I think it is very interesting that the (generally quite popular) elected law enforcement head is going to bat for the appointed one here.
    This could be an illuminating fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I will add that I think it is very interesting that the (generally quite popular) elected law enforcement head is going to bat for the appointed one here.
    This could be an illuminating fight.
    I read that as the chief being too much of a sycophant to stand up for his own people. I went to look him up, and lo and behold:

In his role as the department’s leader, Chief Axtell’s main priorities are:

• Addressing gun violence,
    • Diversifying the police department at all ranks, and
    • Reaching historic levels of community engagement by implementation of a new Community Engagement Unit.

He seems like a real charmer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    In his role as the department’s leader, Chief Axtell’s main priorities are:

• Addressing gun violence,
    • Diversifying the police department at all ranks, and
    • Reaching historic levels of community engagement by implementation of a new Community Engagement Unit.

He seems like a real charmer.
    Every appointed Chief is only one OIS away from facing chaos from all sides.
    Based only a few videos of him, I'd not come to any negative conclusions. But, I'm no expert.

https://www.startribune.com/chief-ax...orm/571488382/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Our former commissioner, Raymond Kelly, spent his time drawing up ideas for new uniforms, (for those in the uniform ranks), designing a new look for our marked vehicles, and keeping field agents from using letterhead which he decided would henceforth only be used by HQ personnel. (This was 1998-2001. A couple years before an agency born in 1789 would be "re-imagined".)

We never got any memos on how to beef up enforcement and investigations.

The handwriting's been on the wall for years...most of us didn't care to see it. Some of us heeded the message and found the exits.

I spoke to my old partner yesterday, (on his birthday), and if there were ever two agents happier to find their way to the light, you'd be hard pressed to find them.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    "Annnnnd here we go..."

Your input can be forwarded to the following addresses:
    melvin.carter@ci.stpaul.mn.us and/or openbudgetsite@ci.stpaul.mn.us
    amy.brendmoen@ci.stpaul.mn.us and/or
    ward5@ci.stpaul.mn.us
    Please feel free to send me a BCC at bob.fletcher@co.ramsey.mn.us as I would appreciate hearing your thoughts either way. Your comments on this post would be helpful as well. And please forward and share this request with your friends.
    Thanks so much.
    Bob"
    Email sent, for all the good it will do.

User Tag List