Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Who are these people?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I was chided on the local neighborhood Facebook page by sumchik for diverting police resources. (Her answer? Gather up all the guns, of course. <facepalm>.)
    My retort would be “go ahead and walk me through how you’re going to “gather up the guns” if the police are defunded and demoralized.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    My retort would be “go ahead and walk me through how you’re going to “gather up the guns” if the police are defunded and demoralized.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Who are these people?
    The link is a Thread Reader unroll of various tweets from CrimeWatch Twin Cities.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...esh=1633908510

Note the video at the bottom of Ramsey County Sheriff Fletcher watching the crowd in front of that very bar the night before and saying he thought a shooting was just waiting to happen.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

There were at least 10 felony convictions between those 3 guys. Several of them were within the last couple of years. People don't go to prison in MN? Instead of getting rid of QI for cops we should look at getting rid of immunity for judges and DAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    There were at least 10 felony convictions between those 3 guys. Several of them were within the last couple of years. People don't go to prison in MN? Instead of getting rid of QI for cops we should look at getting rid of immunity for judges and DAs.
    Some of the longer-time residents can fill in better, but it seems that the Hennepin & Ramsey County DAs do not tend to prosecute for things like straw man sales, and the judges tend not to opt for jail sentences if there is any alternative, even if that alternative is a bad one.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Welp, nothing succeeds like demoralizing the only folks who seem to have a handle on the problem.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/27/St Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell won't seek 2nd term in June

Looks like we'll be getting a non-qualified yes-man appointed as police chief if *any* of the mayoral candidates win in November.
    (I might bet a PF Dollar that Art Acevedo throws his hat in the ring. He's the sort of police chief that politicians around here seem to want.)

I wonder how many of the SPPD rank and file will follow Axtell out of county or wherever he goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post

Looks like we'll be getting a non-qualified yes-man appointed as police chief if *any* of the mayoral candidates win in November.
    (I might bet a PF Dollar that Art Acevedo throws his hat in the ring. He's the sort of police chief that politicians around here seem to want.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Shotspotter

Minneapolis Shotspotter data, last seven days.
    https://cityoflakes.maps.arcgis.com/...4020db10c19749

Curiously, George Floyd Square has a wee bit of a shooting issue.
    However, not a lot of calls phoned in…

Name:  80DF7D84-6A54-4F2A-9B00-D8B85D4997FF.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  62.0 KB

Meanwhile, back in The City Of Lakes,

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...MTCiiPLiZAKcB0

Bloomberg.com: "Will Minneapolis really scrap it's police force?"

User Tag List