Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    From the Nelson Muntz Academy of Empathetic Expression:

Minneapolis Council Member detained by activists until she agrees to 6 demands in writing

(News source is a deeply lefty but relatively principled and honest local news site)

Note that this is one of the council members that had private taxpayer-funded security during the really hot part of the May/June 2020 riots, and is also one of the loudest proponents of police department abolishment.

I doubt things will get any better, but they may become both funnier and more stupid before summer is out.
    Wow. That is both really funny and really stupid at the same time.

I appreciate the updates from a local perspective, thanks. Hope no major shenanigans ensue this summer when things heat up.

From the Nelson Muntz Academy of Empathetic Expression:

Minneapolis Council Member detained by activists until she agrees to 6 demands in writing

(News source is a deeply lefty but relatively principled and honest local news site)

Note that this is one of the council members that had private taxpayer-funded security during the really hot part of the May/June 2020 riots, and is also one of the loudest proponents of police department abolishment.

I doubt things will get any better, but they may become both funnier and more stupid before summer is out.
    Saw this on the news this summer...it's hysterical when they start to eat their own. Some of their demands were that they make Jacob Frey (mayor of MPLS) resign; drop charges against protesters...etc.

Apparently MPLS police did a literal drive by with a smile and wave! lol with the explanation that "Loring Park is the jurisdiction of the Minneapolis Park Police" or words to that effect..

Good thing I never have to go there

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Isn't that kidnapping or false arrest?
    The police didn't seem to worried about it but their hands were tied.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Saw this on the news this summer...it's hysterical when they start to eat their own. Some of their demands were that they make Jacob Frey (mayor of MPLS) resign; drop charges against protesters...etc.

Apparently MPLS police did a literal drive by with a smile and wave! lol with the explanation that "Loring Park is the jurisdiction of the Minneapolis Park Police" or words to that effect..

Good thing I never have to go there

Sigh...."this summer" - I meant "this morning"...thats what I get for replying before the coffee has time to seep in..

Site Supporter
    My sweet wife asked me in Spanish if that lady had a penis. I said "probably".

Is anything a crime if no authority is willing to enforce it?
    I’m sure that any and all new gun laws enacted will be enforced to the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I’m sure that any and all new gun laws enacted will be enforced to the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Especially against males in certain professions with zero preexisting criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Especially against males in certain professions with zero preexisting criminal record.
    Even attempting Equal Rights Under The Law is white supremacy now, Doncha Know.

This must be what "Equity" looks like.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Thanks for the link, @Yung. I'm watching it now.

Here is a fun little bit- The Hennepin County Court today has ordered the city of Minneapolis to hire more police officers, based on a lawsuit brought by residents of northern part of the city.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...ore-police.php

It will be fun & instructive to see how they wiggle out of this.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List