Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
    Over the years I've witnessed some crazy shit at or near that intersection.
    +1 I've lived in STP my whole life, this neighborhood has always been sketchy

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    +1 I've lived in STP my whole life, this neighborhood has always been sketchy
    The area around Uni/Snelling? Of course. But not random-dad-murdered-in-his-car-while-waiting-for-the-light-to-change-in-three-lanes-of-traffic sketchy.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    We may have our pendulum-swinging event.

https://www.stpaul.gov/news/man-dies...nS1kTkXLyowqW4

This occurred in the heart of the Midway district, in the busiest traffic intersection in the Twin Cities.
    (The victim was the father of a former client of mine, and lived a few blocks from us- I've seen him around.)
    We in fact passed the scene last night about ten minutes after the shooting, on our way home.

The outrage is palpable, and growing.

Oh, and somebody decided it would be fun to up the ante a bit, too.

Explosive device detonates near marked St Paul squad car
    The story was a little light on details last night; mainly the guy was shot and died later. Any additional info on what actually happened?

The area around Uni/Snelling? Of course. But not random-dad-murdered-in-his-car-while-waiting-for-the-light-to-change-in-three-lanes-of-traffic sketchy.
    Fair enough, its definitely not *that* bad. Wondering if this was a stray bullet that got him or if he was the intended target.

Still no official word on the killer or killers of the random fellow in the car.

But hey, they caught a couple of the "white supremacists" who burned down a bunch of buildings in St Paul last May.

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/2-fr...CrJ3Y.facebook

Name:  josefelan-menayousif-arsonsuspects.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  28.3 KB

Oh, wait.

it's clowns all the way down.

( I think a deep Gracias to the Law Enforcement personnel of Mexico is in order. They are probably relieved to be rid of such types.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Site Supporter
    Still no official word on the killer or killers of the random fellow in the car.

But hey, they caught a couple of the "white supremacists" who burned down a bunch of buildings in St Paul last May.

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/2-fr...CrJ3Y.facebook

Name:  josefelan-menayousif-arsonsuspects.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  28.3 KB

Oh, wait.

it's clowns all the way down.

( I think a deep Gracias to the Law Enforcement personnel of Mexico is in order. They are probably relieved to be rid of such types.)
    Felan’s brother was arrested here in TX for harboring the fugitives and helping them get to Mexico.

That was not widely reported here, HCM. Thanks for the puzzle piece.

Site Supporter
    That was not widely reported here, HCM. Thanks for the puzzle piece.
    https://www.ktsa.com/texas-man-arres...-in-minnesota/

John Hinderaker of Powerline has an excellent post on the upcoming Derek Chauvin trial for the death of George Floyd, due to open March 8.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...or-a-trial.php

It will be interesting to see if any unrest happens in DC, too. We are not the only place that has had elected officials speak in a way that makes a fair trial unlikely.

John Hinderaker of Powerline has an excellent post on the upcoming Derek Chauvin trial for the death of George Floyd, due to open March 8.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...or-a-trial.php

It will be interesting to see if any unrest happens in DC, too. We are not the only place that has had elected officials speak in a way that makes a fair trial unlikely.
    Man, fretdog, I was just wondering what, if anything, was up with that trial timeline, and hadn’t gotten around to googling it to see if there was any movement yet. Good timing.

There is no possible way that this trial goes off in a way that doesn’t spark a general atmosphere of apeshittery. It’s a real rock/hard place between justice and peace and some sort of balancing act between the two concerns. I’m personally in the camp that thinks that there’s already been happenings around this trial that were designed to keep your digs from erupting in flame (again), but I’m cynical like that.

Please do keep us posted as events unfold on this one, and keep your head down.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List