Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: St Paul/Minneapolis Riots Aftermath

I bet their personal hygiene is spectacular
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I bet their personal hygiene is spectacular
    "By the ripeness of their fruits, Ye shall know them."
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Seem to be further shenanigans kicking off.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/wnb...ies/ar-AAKMF5C

How are things locally? Do you guys in the area think the demise of Mr. Smith will lead to 2020-level riots mostly peaceful protests this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    How are things locally? Do you guys in the area think the demise of Mr. Smith will lead to 2020-level riots mostly peaceful protests this summer?
    I have every bit of confidence that the radical children unhappy that the guy they supported hasn't brought in Utopia Right Now will show the same kind of restraint and control they have always shown when given an excuse to do bad things.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

At least with George Floyd, there was significant question of whether there was wrongdoing on the part of the LEOs, and it looked pretty bad. That's the kind of thing that I can at least understand protesting. (not the rioting/burning/looting, but protesting, yes.) A criminal pulling a gun on LEOs and getting shot for his trouble, I file that firmly under the "stupid games/stupid prizes" heading - dude was killed by his own poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    A criminal pulling a gun on LEOs and getting shot for his trouble, I file that firmly under the "stupid games/stupid prizes" heading - dude was killed by his own poor decisions.
    Agreed.

And that’s part of my confusion - has critical thinking in our country declined so far that an armed ex-Con who shoots at a Marshall’s task force and killed for his efforts is worthy of a ‘protest’? I mean...how does someone rationalize that? I don’t get it.

Possibly not, but not for lack of trying.

As a result of the backlash here, the Hennepin County (Minneapolis) and Ramsey County (St Paul) sheriffs have decided to no longer work with the US Marshal Fugitive Task Force until their rule against allowing assisting agencies to wear body cameras is rescinded. In light of the goings on and how easily the whole thing might have been quashed, this seems rather reasonable to me. The current rules give the ANTIFA/BLM operatives cover among the useful idiot protesters- er "among the body of the people".

https://www.fox9.com/news/hennepin-c...policy-changes

Maybe too soon, but my vote for winner among black comedic comments is

"Winston got smoked?"

The dude was *all over* social media trying to incite murder of police officers among his thousands of Twitter & Instagram followers, and proclaiming that he would never be taken alive.

His GoFundMe is a little meager right now.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-t...nston-smith-jr

T'is a true shame his kids have to deal with this.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Agreed.

And that’s part of my confusion - has critical thinking in our country declined so far that an armed ex-Con who shoots at a Marshall’s task force and killed for his efforts is worthy of a ‘protest’? I mean...how does someone rationalize that? I don’t get it.
    It's classic Clan behavior. The thinking is that those of my clan/tribe/group/ect are automatically right, and any outsider is automatically wrong.

If one of my clan/tribe/group/ect is hurt by an outsider, then it's a bad thing, no matter what they were doing.

But, if one of my clan/tribe/group/ect hurts an outsider, then it's a good thing, no matter what they were doing.

And yes, it's 100% against what makes a civilized society actually work, and to hell with Rousseau, Marx, Gramsci, and any idiot who glorifies their shite.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Agreed.

Yep. Largely what @Joe in PNG mentioned about the tribalist nature of things, combined with the fact that for many -if not most- of these folks, if they didn't see it on video, it didn't happen.
    (never mind the selective editing aspect for factional manipulation like say, the Palestinian Authority does, or the only favorable-to-one-side-presentation-allowed like ANTIFA does in the PNW)

Eric Hoffer's points in his classic "The True Believer" about unhappy people gaining meaning through identifying with a cause has some play, too.
    Some of these folks could be extras in a Marx Brothers film. "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It!"

I did see one interview a day or two back where a splutteringly indignant protester couldn't remember the name of the dude whose death she was protesting.

And yes, it's 100% against what makes a civilized society actually work, and to hell with Rousseau, Marx, Gramsci, and any idiot who glorifies their shite.
    Amen, brother. I realize my Menshevik great grandparents were only one generation past 550+ years of serfdom and worse, but I would love to give them an atomic wedgie for what they loosed upon the world.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 06-09-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Two views of Minneapolis today:

Minneapolis City Crews attempt to clear Chicago Ave and 38th Street

Minneapolis Residents suing the city over police defunding

And there are rumors that some legal action against the individual Minneapolis City Council members might be coming. Oh, how I hope that's true.

User Tag List