Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sprechen ze Safariland?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Blackhawk (I know) is actually coming out with a non SERPA, RDS capable duty holster that is promising. The T series.

https://blackhawk.com/holsters/duty-tactical/
    I've had hands on it. I'll stick with Safariland.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I ended up ordering directly from Safariland, we shall see how long it takes.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Do you mean the optic shield/Cheeto dust guard? Those pop off and go should go with the chop guard into the trash where they belong.
    He’s probably talking about the SLS rotating hood. I had fits trying to find a holster to run my 229/RMR out of. A SLS hood wouldn’t go forward far enough to keep from snagging the ears of the RMR. I even spliced 2 SLS hoods together. It still sucked. So glad I’m able to run a Glock at work now.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Blackhawk (I know) is actually coming out with a non SERPA, RDS capable duty holster that is promising. The T series.

https://blackhawk.com/holsters/duty-tactical/
    I’ve got one of the non-rds light bearing ones to play with. Running it this week while teaching. It’s not a 6390 (my fave), but it isn’t the big ball of suck the SERPA is either. So far I’ll describe it as “functional, but not optimal”.

EDIT: Alien Gear also has a new RDS duty holster. Never been an AG fan, but I’ve got one coming to evaluate to see if it’s a POS or not.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    As I’ve mentioned in past posts, I’m not a happy camper with Safariland. Sure, if you order 9,000 holsters they’ll do what you want but otherwise they are frustrating to deal with and on a couple occasions have been downright condescending in conversation. What’s worse is they were towing a line that is misguided at best.

I think the issue of the optic shield is far less of a concern (though I do remove mine) than the SLS/ALS models that have been coming out recently that require you to bottom the ALS on the draw to get it to release the pistol. Completely unacceptable.

We’re looking at the Blackhawk T-Series and US Duty Gear holsters as options, particularly for optic mounted handguns. I’ve been running both for a couple weeks and I like them. I agree with AMC on every point he made about the Blackhawk. I like it and I’m optimistic about it as an option but I don’t see it as a “Safariland Killer”.
    I was not aware of the US Duty gear holsters. They look like a good option. I assume Boltaron is a flat kydex finish?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

If you want to get frustrated with Safariland, try to order a holster in cordovan. Safariland has two models of holsters for our P320 Carries in that color. You choose light or no light.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    My short answer is buy Safariland duty gear. If you have a problem call them. Tommy Campbell was great to deal with. Be patient. They are a big company. Who owns them now? It looks like it is still Warren Kanders. He might be a liberal but liberals sure don’t like him or his business. But they like his money
    My department used brown leather gear back in the day. My first duty rig was all Gordon Davis. Nice stuff. When Davis was no longer available they tried but couldn’t find any brown duty gear that wasn’t poor quality. Lots of duty gear in black. In police work we call that a clue. I really pissed off an LT when I suggested we dye our brown leather black and buy black in the future. Then we went black nylon. The same LT I had pissed off bought us uncle mikes duty holsters. They were terrible and our duty gun could be pulled out without unsnapping the thumbreak. Said Lt picked that holster by buying the cheapest duty holster in the Galls catalog. Eventually I was assigned to research duty gear. I gathered every duty holster I could. I had officers try them for a week and write what the thought. I used volunteers of different sizes and experience try them. Male, female, two years to twenty years on the job. Skinny, fat and body builders. I thing came close to the Safariland ALS. Sorry for the thread drift. I can’t believe it has been over ten years since I did the holster round up. That LT I pissed off (many times) ? She became chief

You need a M19 with this
    Name:  6552682_orig.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  83.3 KB
    You wont get into Valhalla without it.

We need you

R grizzle horsehide

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I ended up ordering directly from Safariland, we shall see how long it takes.
    Supposedly will be delivered tomorrow.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I was not aware of the US Duty gear holsters. They look like a good option. I assume Boltaron is a flat kydex finish?
    They're in the same city as Safariland and all of their stuff looks like exact knockoffs of Safariland. I'm guessing disgruntled former employees.

And yes, Boltaron is basically kydex

User Tag List