Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sprechen ze Safariland?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    While we are on the topic of Safariland, I would like an ALS holster for a G19 with RDS but no light. Your cooperation is appreciated.
    I think the only current option is a ridiculously priced 6354DO. And I’m not sure if the black is a safarilaminate or the black cordura.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Sounds like you got your answer.

I agree. Call them up. They freely admit their reference charts are Sh!+ and will politely get you the number of EXACTLY what you need. I had that issue a while back looking for USP45 stuff. She was a hoot to talk with.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I think the only current option is a ridiculously priced 6354DO. And I’m not sure if the black is a safarilaminate or the black cordura.
    Some dude put down his granola long enough to send me a link to one in black Cordura.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Some dude put down his granola long enough to send me a link to one in black Cordura.
    Every time I see them for sale (usually eBay) they sell for like $250+. Crazy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    And it will only accommodate lower profile RDS like the RMR.

Site Supporter
    They have a monopoly on duty holsters. There is no other legitimate option.
    Blackhawk (I know) is actually coming out with a non SERPA, RDS capable duty holster that is promising. The T series.

https://blackhawk.com/holsters/duty-tactical/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Blackhawk (I know) is actually coming out with a non SERPA, RDS capable duty holster that is promising. The T series.

https://blackhawk.com/holsters/duty-tactical/
    I'm playing with one of those. It's interesting.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'm playing with one of those. It's interesting.
    We have a couple of the light bearing ones in the office. I like a lot of things about it, but the light ones are light model specific, and lock onto the light itself. I find it faster and more intuitive than an ALS, but don’t think it's quite as secure. A lot of rhe Sig Academy guys are using these for their PMO equipped guns right now, since they've been encountering problems with the shroud on their Safariland RDS holsters. They've seen the shroud not move forward far enough on the draw, causing a problem with reholstering. It was apparently enough of a problem that they've been looking at alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    We have a couple of the light bearing ones in the office. I like a lot of things about it, but the light ones are light model specific, and lock onto the light itself. I find it faster and more intuitive than an ALS, but don’t think it's quite as secure. A lot of rhe Sig Academy guys are using these for their PMO equipped guns right now, since they've been encountering problems with the shroud on their Safariland RDS holsters. They've seen the shroud not move forward far enough on the draw, causing a problem with reholstering. It was apparently enough of a problem that they've been looking at alternatives.
    Do you mean the optic shield/Cheeto dust guard? Those pop off and go should go with the chop guard into the trash where they belong.

As I’ve mentioned in past posts, I’m not a happy camper with Safariland. Sure, if you order 9,000 holsters they’ll do what you want but otherwise they are frustrating to deal with and on a couple occasions have been downright condescending in conversation. What’s worse is they were towing a line that is misguided at best.

I think the issue of the optic shield is far less of a concern (though I do remove mine) than the SLS/ALS models that have been coming out recently that require you to bottom the ALS on the draw to get it to release the pistol. Completely unacceptable.

We’re looking at the Blackhawk T-Series and US Duty Gear holsters as options, particularly for optic mounted handguns. I’ve been running both for a couple weeks and I like them. I agree with AMC on every point he made about the Blackhawk. I like it and I’m optimistic about it as an option but I don’t see it as a “Safariland Killer”.

User Tag List