Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sprechen ze Safariland?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    They're in the same city as Safariland and all of their stuff looks like exact knockoffs of Safariland. I'm guessing disgruntled former employees.

And yes, Boltaron is basically kydex
    From what I hear not so much disgruntled but laid off when Safariland moved their production to Mexico which has caused much of this supply headache.

I’ve dealt with guys from Safariland who are great and others who are not. Their website sucks. Their availability sucks. As a customer they are not meeting my needs and desires and others are. If not for Safariland my department wouldn’t have a pistol-optic program, but one of the most common complaints of our optic shooters is that our authorized holster doesn’t accommodate a pressure switch.

The worst was the most recent 6360 I bought for my Glock 45. The ALS has to be completely bottomed-out to release the pistol. I showed it to a dozen people and we all found it unacceptable. I tried the “nub” and still completely inconsistent. I was going to send it back for warranty until I saw several other holsters made the same way. I dremeled the ALS retention away and it’s now just a range holster. I would never have gone in the field with that holster. I consider it unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    While we are on the topic of Safariland, I would like an ALS holster for a G19 with RDS but no light. Your cooperation is appreciated.
    This. And make it accept the 6006 ALS guard.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    @SoCalDep, we've been noticing issues with tightness and fitment on some newer Safariland products as well. I have several 7TS series ALS with the ALS guard, but no SLS hood. Our Sheriffs Department just adopted a 6300 series holster with this combination, and we liked it a lot. Since we were looking at moving to a 7TS holster, I ordered a few from Safariland to T&E. The ALS Guard is incredibly tight and stiff on all of them, unlike the 6300 version the Sheriffs have. Basically unusable. Great concept, incredibly poor execution/manufacturing. They do have some great products.....but they keep screwing them up.

I hate my "Model 7378 7TS™ ALS® Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster", it's uncomfortable and conceals worse from both paddle and belt configuration. Going back to my trusty Raven Perun. I'll put the Safariland 7378 up for sale here soon.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I hate my "Model 7378 7TS™ ALS® Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster", it's uncomfortable and conceals worse from both paddle and belt configuration. Going back to my trusty Raven Perun. I'll put the Safariland 7378 up for sale here soon.
    I’ll buy it if you wanna skip the add. 😎
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List