Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Things PCC Competition Thread

All Things PCC Competition Thread

I find myself running all around looking for various threads on PCC-related topics specific to competition and I thought it might be nice to put it all in one place going forward. I even went looking for threads relative to this topic to link here and didn't really find anything worth linking. (maybe that's a clue?)

I'd like to keep the topic specific to PCC-related guns, hardware, accessories, techniques, matches, training etc. and skip the "PCC/PDW" stuff and leave that for other threads. Don't care if your PCC competition shooting is IDPA, USPSA, steel, outlaw, whatever but lets keep it about competition. If you're a pistol shooter that thinks PCC should go away, please keep that to yourself unless you have some constructive advice for PCC shooters so that we can help make things a more pleasant experience for you. I'd also like to skip discussions about the administration of matches relative to PCC (things like should one guy be allowed to shoot two divisions in one match, etc.). I do think that it would be potentially helpful to talk tips and tricks for RO/SOing a PCC shooter or how PCC shooters can better work with SO/ROs.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

all of the above to say, I shot my whopping second Action Steel match yesterday with my PCC. Really enjoying getting back out to a competition venue.

One thing of interest yesterday, it was the first time I'd shot a stage where using an SBR actually helped me. There was one awkward angle through one port that was pretty easy to negotiate with a handgun but which would have proved more difficult with a 16" rifle. Not impossible mind you, just a little more tricky.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

For optic choices I went with the Holosun 512C. Love the large FOV and 65MOA dot for steel.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...-65-moa-circle

Shot a 3-gun match this weekend and I was able to use my PCC in a couple of stages. The club I shoot at uses the UML rules, so I normally shoot 2x4 Open. It simply adds the option of PCC to 3-gun and being in open I pretty much run what I want. I shoot a 16inch Foxtrot Mike 3-gun model and sometimes my Ruger PC Carbine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Shot a 3-gun match this weekend and I was able to use my PCC in a couple of stages. The club I shoot at uses the UML rules, so I normally shoot 2x4 Open. It simply adds the option of PCC to 3-gun and being in open I pretty much run what I want. I shoot a 16inch Foxtrot Mike 3-gun model and sometimes my Ruger PC Carbine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    How was the run with the Ruger compatibly?

While not a total game changer the closer to walls the stage designer likes to place movement and angles the more advantage you can get out of an SBR. At 10.5 inches I can definitely cut some excess space in USPSA.
    After a long run of Single Stacks, shoot, run reload, run reload...I've been using Taylor Freelance extensions on my Colt mags and getting 40 rounds. One less thing to think about, and now its just run and gun.

Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    While not a total game changer the closer to walls the stage designer likes to place movement and angles the more advantage you can get out of an SBR. At 10.5 inches I can definitely cut some excess space in USPSA.
    After a long run of Single Stacks, shoot, run reload, run reload...I've been using Taylor Freelance extensions on my Colt mags and getting 40 rounds. One less thing to think about, and now its just run and gun.
    man, having never shot Open or Limited I'm not used to having so much cash tied up in mags (at least not since the ban sunset!). $40 for the extension and then $18 for the follower and spring (that I'm just certain I need for some reason) plus whatever I paid for all these factory Colt mags so long ago...

I was lucky enough on Sunday not to need a reload, but I kept thinking I was going to be close on the stage with the Texas Star.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Definite age related thinking.
    I wound up with 3 extra TF extensions and 2 extra strong springs. (Too embarrassed to return them to Robin.)
    Let me know, you will like the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    How was the run with the Ruger compatibly?
    The Ruger has been reliable, but the ergos are just different when you're used to running an AR. I doubt if I'll use it much in competition and will probably just save it for my son whenever he's ready to start shooting. This video is a good example of why I like running an AR PCC. It makes switching to my AR-15 much easier in 3-gun.

I was at a steel match Sunday, squared with a buddy, who was a top 20 finisher at 2019 PCC Nationals. He shoots a custom AR9. Stage 1, he had a big malfunction. Stage 4, most of the way through the stage, his firing pin broke. He is meticulous about his gear.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List