Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Central planning in action at Three Gorges Dam

There's damage to the Three Gorges dam already and China continues to get more and more water.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...dams-flooding/
    #RESIST

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    This has been going on for weeks, with issues that began back during construction. It’s bad. Very bad. Mother Nature doesn’t care either. If you read some estimates, it’s collapse would literally kill millions, topple the regime, and wipe out a substantial portion of both their manufacturing and farming capacity.

It’s initial construction was so vast that it actually affected the earths rotation slightly. Uncorking it will have even more substantial results. From what I have read...it’s gonna happen. It’s just a matter of when.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    This has been going on for weeks, with issues that began back during construction. It’s bad. Very bad. Mother Nature doesn’t care either. If you read some estimates, it’s collapse would literally kill millions, topple the regime, and wipe out a substantial portion of both their manufacturing and farming capacity.

It’s initial construction was so vast that it actually affected the earths rotation slightly. Uncorking it will have even more substantial results. From what I have read...it’s gonna happen. It’s just a matter of when.

So China has the one man made object you can see from outer space, and has affected the Earth's travels through outer space.

Impressive

Also a little surprised that something that has the potential to kill millions of people is not making CNN's headlines
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 07-27-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So China has the one man made object you can see from outer space, and has affected the Earth's travels through outer space.

Impressive

Also a little surprised that something that has the potential to kill millions of people is not making CNN's headlines
    LL's post was the first news I've seen about the flooding. China must have a pretty tight grip on information getting on the internet.

If that dam fails I guess we'll see it from space.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I was reading about his a couple days ago. An engineer friend called the dam failure "the worst disaster in human history". I don't have the expertise to verify that, but it seems unquestionably awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I was reading about his a couple days ago. An engineer friend called the dam failure "the worst disaster in human history". I don't have the expertise to verify that, but it seems unquestionably awful.
    Honestly, their totalitarian government scares me more and I don't mean to make light of potential loss of life should the dam fail.
    #RESIST

Filtered down all the way to a trucking industry pub I read.

I think the point about how the information is murky and the Chicoms are trying to put a lid on it is not surprising.

As Borderland said above, it if goes, the satellite pictures will be impossible to hide.

"Due to the record deluge of rainfall, the world’s largest hydroelectric dam, which has a volume of 39.3 billion cubic meters, is at risk of breaking, which would kill or displace millions, flood China’s cradle of manufacturing, and create massive disruptions in the global supply chain. Many highly populated cities have already seen historic flooding."

"It’s also extremely difficult to get any substantial facts out of China concerning the flooding. The BBC reported on July 23 that 150 had died. On July 5, Reuters said that 130 had died. Between July 5 and 23, severe flooding ravaged the countryside, with the Three Gorges floodgates opening up to prevent overflow. An estimated 38 million people were displaced, and 28,000 homes were destroyed, so the low death count should be met with some skepticism. According to Radio Free Asia, “Chongqing police have issued an emergency warning that anyone found to have posted news of the flooding online in an ‘irresponsible’ manner will be immediately detained.”"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This definitely wasn't in any of those "2020 disasters" memes I've seen over the past few months.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

This has potential to become China's Chernobyl.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Honestly, their totalitarian government scares me more and I don't mean to make light of potential loss of life should the dam fail.
    I'm no fan of the Chinese Communist party, and they're likely making the problem worse both back when this thing was built and now. It's just a horrible situation for those people stuck there.

User Tag List