Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watch guys. Any clue what this is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceride View Post
    I noticed this especially when I owned a European branded motorcycle store. Customers wold routinely ask me to trade cool guns or watches for a motorcycle or part of. It was kinda cool, got to look at a bunch of cool guns and watches. And even took some in trade
    I own three Aprilia motorcycles along with a lot of watches and guns.
    I guess I'm a living, breathing stereotype.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    There’s bias here on my part but there seems to be a strong overlap in the Venn diagram for mechanical watch / gun / motorcycle owners in my experience.
    You forgot to put knife geek in your diagram :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I only have one bike right now, a 1978 Moto Guzzi Le Mans. Arguably evidence of both good taste and insanity. Not sure what the firearms analogue of Moto Guzzi would be. Maybe if there was a perpetually near-bankruptcy Italian company making 1911 clones.

I love Aprilia motorcycles! I have owned at least 3 Falcos over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    I only have one bike right now, a 1978 Moto Guzzi Le Mans. Arguably evidence of both good taste and insanity. Not sure what the firearms analogue of Moto Guzzi would be. Maybe if there was a perpetually near-bankruptcy Italian company making 1911 clones.
    And I am between Guzzis at the moment. I sold a V7 Special a week ago, but it's getting replaced with a Ducati 900 CR. A 78 LeMans would be a keeper for sure - I love that vintage Le mans, I think I owned an 81. I actually got to go to the Guzzi factory as part of a Piaggio incentive trip to Italy. I'm thinking it looks pretty much the same as it did in the 50s. And they just let a bunch of dealers have the run of the place. Not so much at Ducati... We had a (very good) guide the whole time we were there on a different trip.

ETA: I think I have a problem...

With four Ducatis and lots of guns and knives I am way behind in the watch category.
    Strangely, I have every watch I've ever owned in a shoebox, somewhere. Sold together they may buy me a milkshake, maybe.
    I do still have the Zorro watch my parents gave me for my 7th birthday. Does that count?
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

User Tag List