Thread: Tressitu tz99 (south African p228 clone) anyone have any expirence with these?

Tressitu tz99 (south African p228 clone) anyone have any expirence with these?

I've heard they are well built and accurate...but the triggers leave something to be desired....I might be able to get one at a decent price and was wondering if anyone has any trigger time with one..

More of a 226 clone.

Mine is nearly new, as I don't shoot it that often (rather shoot my carry gun). A fair amount of play in the trigger and fairly big grips (wish there were thinner grips and night sights or fiber optic sights for range). When they came out, they were $300-$350, and now that, the CZ/Zastava they are based on, are back over here, and on sale for $399, the price should be lower.
    Fun, but nothing fancy. It has made me want a 229 with an SRT to compare to, as several who have handled it, called it an inexpensive sig.

Site Supporter
    One things these do better is combine the slide lock and decock lever.

@BigT
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    One things these do better is combine the slide lock and decock lever.
    An old article I read said that punching the control lever will close the slide and decock simultaneously. Every slide lock reload takes you back to a DA start; unless you go to yanking the slide on the reload.
    I prefer the ARex approach, its combination lever will only close the slide unless you release and punch it again.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I would also suggest the Arex 01 series once the current frenzy abates. Right now, the prices are inflated a bit. I have an Arex Alpha, which is meant for gun games, and had a Zero 1 Compact. Both are well made, reliable, and accurate. After demand stops being so high, I expect there will be some deals on never-fired or one-box-fired pistols.

They never really caught on here at all. I don't remember ever seeing one run hard.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List