Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: All things four wheel drive thread. Pics/Videos

I had a chance to dive into the paperwork to see what I got. The Xterra is a 2006 model. It has a new windshield, new headlights. The interior is spotless. The winch is a Warn with a remote. In the last 50000 miles, the driveshaft, rear diff bearings and ring and pinion, rear e-locker, driveshaft, clutch, front struts, and rear springs have all been replaced. The tires are in great shape. LT265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. The spare wheel and tire match the rest. The engine is up there at 275000 miles but runs strong. It has always had regular oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic. The timing chains have been replaced and the timing cover replaced with the updated model. Not a hint of a leak under it.

The EBCM needs to be replaced, but the guy gave me a factory Nissan part with it. Just have to install it and have it programmed. He also gave me the original front bumper and a spare PCM he bought just in case. I will have to replace one of the cats.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    That looks like Shaffer's parking lot which is nearby. Their carry out is wildly above average.
    I don't recall the name of the place (Shaffer's doesn't ring a bell), but it's just a little country store in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns outside of Northern Virginia.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I had a chance to dive into the paperwork to see what I got. The Xterra is a 2006 model. It has a new windshield, new headlights. The interior is spotless. The winch is a Warn with a remote. In the last 50000 miles, the driveshaft, rear diff bearings and ring and pinion, rear e-locker, driveshaft, clutch, front struts, and rear springs have all been replaced. The tires are in great shape. LT265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. The spare wheel and tire match the rest. The engine is up there at 275000 miles but runs strong. It has always had regular oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic. The timing chains have been replaced and the timing cover replaced with the updated model. Not a hint of a leak under it.

The EBCM needs to be replaced, but the guy gave me a factory Nissan part with it. Just have to install it and have it programmed. He also gave me the original front bumper and a spare PCM he bought just in case. I will have to replace one of the cats.
    Sounds like it's going to be a great rig. The Xterras are supposed to be pretty capable machines.

Chris

My daughter and I took the Xterra to the western slope on a scouting trip for the fall bear season today. It was a great trip for a short two-day affair.

You will see the haze from wildfire smoke in the pics.

Scrub oak thickets. Prime bear habitat when they are in hyperphagia.

Name:  IMG_5836.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  82.4 KB

The scenery.

Name:  IMG_5851.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5869.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5892.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  62.9 KB

Camp tool.

Name:  IMG_5874.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  89.3 KB

We feasted on wild strawberries.

Name:  IMG_5875.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5879.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  58.7 KB

Saw this fellow while we were driving across a lake damn.

Name:  IMG_5899.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  55.5 KB

Camp, and the rig.

Name:  IMG_5885.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  78.5 KB

User Tag List