Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Optic help!

Optic help!

I just purchase a 11.5 Geissele AR and I’m going to put a 1-6 LPVO on it. Every other AR I own has a red dot but I have a stigmatism and would like to have something I could grab in a hurry if need be and utilize without my glasses. It will be a home defense, plinking, training, hunting gun. I’ve narrowed it down to either-
    Leupold MK-6
    Kahles K16i
    Night Force ATACR
    I would truly appreciate advice on which of the 3 you would purchase as I don’t have a lot knowledge with LPVO’s thanks in advance for any and all input.

God Bless,
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Kahles or NX8. ATACR not worth the $$ or size and weight penalty on that gun.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I have no time behind any of those options but listening to Primary and Secondary podcasts, Steve Fisher states the Khales is the way to go regardless of money.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I have no time behind any of those options but listening to Primary and Secondary podcasts, Steve Fisher states the Khales is the way to go regardless of money.
    It's hard to keep up. Last I heard, Fisher recommends Vortex PST II, Vortex Razor and Khales, depending on price point. I recall he spoke positively about the Steiner 1-4 and Trijicon Accu Point too, tho those optics may be viewed as dated now. As of this spring, Fisher is an "official shill" (TIC) for Vortex Optics, but he's been recommending their mid to high end optics for longer than I've been paying attention.

ETA: Keep an eye on the ARFCOM and M4C marketplaces for pre-owned. All the optics listed above pop up fairly regularly.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I just purchase a 11.5 Geissele AR and I’m going to put a 1-6 LPVO on it. Every other AR I own has a red dot but I have a stigmatism and would like to have something I could grab in a hurry if need be and utilize without my glasses. It will be a home defense, plinking, training, hunting gun. I’ve narrowed it down to either-
    Leupold MK-6
    Kahles K16i
    Night Force ATACR
    I would truly appreciate advice on which of the 3 you would purchase as I don’t have a lot knowledge with LPVO’s thanks in advance for any and all input.

God Bless,
    Rick
    Why isn’t the Razor on that list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I tried them first because I saw them here, unfortunately I didn’t have a great experience the person that answered was having computer issues I offered to let him call me back and no one ever did.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Razor is a great piece of kit but I was actually trying to go even a little higher tier.
    Rick

If your goal is HD, I’m not sure the MK6 is in a higher tier. For 1x performance, I think Razor 1-6 or 1-10x, Khales, and ATACR are the best you’ll get for that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    It's hard to keep up. Last I heard, Fisher recommends Vortex PST II, Vortex Razor and Khales, depending on price point. I recall he spoke positively about the Steiner 1-4 and Trijicon Accu Point too, tho those optics may be viewed as dated now. As of this spring, Fisher is an "official shill" (TIC) for Vortex Optics, but he's been recommending their mid to high end optics for longer than I've been paying attention.

ETA: Keep an eye on the ARFCOM and M4C marketplaces for pre-owned. All the optics listed above pop up fairly regularly.
    You’re right. Just keeping to the list the OP was referencing. I’ll find the podcast I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

It is. He loved the gen II and the III even more. He discusses here https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/vortex...e-yeti-fisher/

Here he ranks them. Short version: Khales, Vortex GenII (pre III), (Swarovski and Schmidt and Bender somewhere in here), Vortex PST, Burris, Trijicon TR-24, Meopta, Steiner. Tried to keep this in order of his recommendations.
    https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/best-a...e-yeti-fisher/
    Last edited by TOTS; 07-26-2020 at 11:41 AM.

User Tag List