Thread: Does this exist?

Does this exist?

I have a Super 1050 set up for 9x19 and I’m considering setting up a toolhead just for case prep. It would pull double duty for 9x19 and 223 case prep so I was thinking universal decap, universal primer pocket swage, and maybe add a motorized trimmer when I do 223. 223 will get reloaded on a 550b.

The goal is processed brass that doesn’t case stoppages due to

So, my question is, is there a die or technique that can somehow cull 380 from 9x19? It would be nice if that was part of the automated process vs having to look at each one while loading ammo.

9mm and .223 take different Dillon shell plates.

I have not seen anything that would go on a press to separate out the .380s, but maybe somebody on Benos has devised a method.
    The "prospector's pan" separators can be fitted with a .380 plate. It is better than hand sorting or finding one in your press.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post

So, my question is, is there a die or technique that can somehow cull 380 from 9x19? It would be nice if that was part of the automated process vs having to look at each one while loading ammo.
    I have an RL 1050 set up for 9x19. I can feel the difference in the handle when a 380 is sized. When I raise the handle the 380 moves to the primer swage station. The case rim is small enough that I can just pick it out and leave that space empty and continue on loading. Just takes a couple of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The "prospector's pan" separators can be fitted with a .380 plate. It is better than hand sorting or finding one in your press.
    This

https://www.amazon.com/Shell-Sorter-.../dp/B01C66560O

I too can feel the difference between 9/380 on my 650, only issue is a sized 9mm tossed back in the case feeder also feels the same.

Need to pick up the sorting pans and .380 plate.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    This

only issue is a sized 9mm tossed back in the case feeder also feels the same.
    For me, the 380 is easily plucked out while the 9mm stays in the shell holder so I know it's 9mm. The case rim on the 380 is slightly smaller. Still a good idea to get the plate if you get many 380. I get very few.

User Tag List