Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Picks Elizabeth Warren

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    And do what with her?
    Haha, fair point.
    But for clarity's sake, as Biden's VP candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    WaPo has Warren ranked #2 out of most likely candidates, higher than I would have assumed.

If that's true, that's a Sarah Palin-sized screw-up by the Dems. An African American running mate and Trump doubling down on being Trump make the White House a lay-up for Biden.
    That is exactly the thought running through my head right now.

If this is true, Biden may have just lost the election.

I'm not saying this isn't happening, but it strikes me as an odd choice for a few reasons.

1) She's white(insert joke here)

2) She doesn't thrill the donor class

3) I can't see the DNC mainstream having much excitement for someone who has #2 as an issue, and she probably would be less tractable than a pick who isn't from the "progressive" wing of the party, especially if Biden dies/resigns
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

It may be that she's a bone for the kook base, again like Palin.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I also hope this true, because it means I can comfortably vote 3rd party this election.
    No, you can't. The progressive millennials love Warren as much as Bernie, and there are a lot of them. Add progressive women and their browbeaten husbands to that number, and that's a big block of voters.

Think about how bad it will be to have President Warren when Biden is declared incompetent or dies in office.

No one who wants to prevent that can comfortably vote for anyone except Trump.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

She is kinda Bernie Sanders lite. Would appeal to Bernie's supporters I think.

Site Supporter
    Are both candidates in a race to see whom lose first? Geez. What a pair. Maybe it's a trap to get Trump to go full Pocahontas and continue looking like a not nice person and thus move the suburban nice people against him?

She is swamp so that makes sense. The establishment can control her.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    She is kinda Bernie Sanders lite. Would appeal to Bernie's supporters I think.
    She's worse than Bernie because she's smarter and more politically influential. She could actually get stuff done.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    No, you can't. The progressive millennials love Warren as much as Bernie, and there are a lot of them. Add progressive women and their browbeaten husbands to that number, and that's a big block of voters.

Think about how bad it will be to have President Warren when Biden is declared incompetent or dies in office.

No one who wants to prevent that can comfortably vote for anyone except Trump.
    I know people who sat out the 2016 election or voted down the ticket rather than vote for Trump or Hillary, who are voting Trump in 2020.

User Tag List