Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Picks Elizabeth Warren

Biden made the commitment that his running mate would be a black woman. I wonder if the reason he won't leave his basement is that he is afraid he will miss the call from Michelle Obama finally agreeing to be his running mate.

Name:  joebama.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  19.6 KB

This same thread was started on at least two other forums by different screen names with no follow up posts or information.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    She was who the party wanted, but Tulsi torpedoed her campaign in that first debate. This seems like a perfect way for the establishment to get what it wants, and we end up with someone who hates us as president.
    I predicted her as the likely nominee on here way back, and was surprised she got knocked out so fast.

She seems "ideal" for the DNC establishment, but I have a feeling they are nervous about her record making her a "no go" for much of the left wing of the electorate.

Also, a candidate from Cali makes a "do you want the nation to end up like California" ad campaign almost a 100% certainty, and I'm not sure the DNC wants to turn this into a "referendum" on that issue.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Harris does not seem like a good choice to me. Biden will win CA, OR, & WA regardless so she doesn't help him pick up any points in her home state/region. Her aggressive actions as a prosecutor make her unpopular with the extreme left - a cohort the Dems failed to motivate with Clinton. And her hyper liberal polices as CA attorney general & senator make her unpopular with conservatives & conservative leaning moderates. She is good with democratic moderates, but Biden needs no help there.

In short, she is unlikely to expand Biden's base and very likely to motivate conservatives reluctant to support Trump. All she has going for her is that she checks the box: token minority

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Harris does not seem like a good choice to me. Biden will win CA, OR, & WA regardless so she doesn't help him pick up any points in her home state/region. Her aggressive actions as a prosecutor make her unpopular with the extreme left - a cohort the Dems failed to motivate with Clinton. And her hyper liberal polices as CA attorney general & senator make her unpopular with conservatives & conservative leaning moderates. She is good with democratic moderates, but Biden needs no help there.

In short, she is unlikely to expand Biden's base and very likely to motivate conservatives reluctant to support Trump. All she has going for her is that she checks the box: token minority
    She's the only VP candidate that would motivate me to vote for Trump again. Having her as the VP is entirely too close to the presidency, and I don't have to imagine how bad she would be for the country, all I have to do is look at her record in California.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    She's the only VP candidate that would motivate me to vote for Trump again. Having her as the VP is entirely too close to the presidency, and I don't have to imagine how bad she would be for the country, all I have to do is look at her record in California.
    I'll have to disagree with you there. I think there's a handful of bad choices available (that have been bandied about) which are equally bad for the country.
    Bottoms and Abrams among them. Just look at their recent actions and statements. Is that who you want with their hand on the tiller?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you there. I think there's a handful of bad choices available (that have been bandied about) which are equally bad for the country.
    Bottoms and Abrams among them. Just look at their recent actions and statements. Is that who you want with their hand on the tiller?
    In your opinion are there any options which are reasonable, or Heaven Help Us even good?

Not trying to be facetious or argumentative.

Just trying to figure out in which situation would they say that he picked X to be the vice president and then I go, whew, dodged a bullet.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 07-30-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    And your opinion are there any options which are reasonable, or Heaven Help Us even good?

Not trying to be facetious or argumentative.

Just trying to figure out in which situation would they say that he picked X to be the vice president and then I go, whew, dodged a bullet.
    As much as I dislike Trump, no matter who the Dems would put on the ticket for Pres or VP, there is no way I could vote for them due to the policies, narrative and agenda they, (the Dems), are trying to ram down our, (the nation's), throat.

That ship has sailed.

ETA: I should also add that there is no way that I can vote for any Dem for any office...senator, representative, dog catcher, what have you...because the underlying fundamentals and platforms of the party are so far divorced from what I consider core American values. I will revisit this position if and when the party's platform represents the best interests of the nation and all of its citizens.
    Last edited by blues; 07-30-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    This same thread was started on at least two other forums by different screen names with no follow up posts or information.
    Exact same thread?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Exact same thread?
    Yes, with no additional posts by the op after.

User Tag List