Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Carry Lockleather OWB?

Urban Carry Lockleather OWB?

Thoughts on this holster?

https://urbancarryholsters.com/order...b-holster.html

"A unique hybrid OWB leather holster providing the safety and security of Kydex with the comfort and durability of premium leather."

I am looking for a good OWB option for my P365XL. Normally I would just order an RCS Perun, since they work very well for me. But Raven indicates the P365XL is not yet available and might be for sale by the end of the summer.

This Urban Carry OWB features leather (which I like, I used to carry EDC in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit) as well as a kydex shell for mouth retention, plus a "lock" system for a bit of retention. The cant seems to be fixed, but I carry aft of the mid-section and don't think it is too different from what I order normally (about 15 degrees.)

At $59 for basic black, it is available in left hand for the P365XL. Any pros or cons I should be looking out for in this? I am very tempted to pick one up for the box o' holsters.

Given Urban Carry’s track record on producing stupid stuff, I’d be hesitant. From their video that clip going in to the trigger guard the way it does seems inviting of an ND if one reholstered too hard or even if you hit your gun on something hard enough to force it more in to the holster. That’s all speculation on my part though.

The Safariland 537 or 637 would be my preference for something similar but I don’t know if either are available for the P365XL and lefty.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Not knowing anything about the brand or their quality, the only obvious concern for me with that design is thickness. You can get just kydex pretty thin, but there's going to be a price for putting both materials together.

The P365 is such a thin gun I would be looking for a more minimalist design.

Looks like it might give you "Glock leg".
    I would not touch that thing with a ten foot pole.

Urban Carry, thought I recognized the design. The heir to the Pager Pal dynasty. Given their historical tardness, and that there are other people doing the leather/kydex combo, I would just keep moving.

Wrapping kydex with leather seems to me to be the only way to get the worst of both worlds. You get a fatter holster that creaks, brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Given Urban Carry’s track record on producing stupid stuff, I’d be hesitant.
    Yeah, that's kind of why I asked. Appreciate the thoughts, guys. @Pacioli @Leroy Suggs @rjohnson4405. I think ya'll just saved me $59.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

The Safariland 537 or 637 would be my preference for something similar but I don’t know if either are available for the P365XL and lefty.
    They are not, just checked on the Safariland Web site.

EDIT I guess I will just wait for the RCS Perun to be available for the P365XL. It's a proven design, I've used it before for both my G19 and G43X, cheap, ambidextrous out of the box, and adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Looks like it might give you "Glock leg".
    I would not touch that thing with a ten foot pole.
    How?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

This guy likes Urban Carry...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGfIp2vivE

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thoughts on this holster?

https://urbancarryholsters.com/order...b-holster.html

"A unique hybrid OWB leather holster providing the safety and security of Kydex with the comfort and durability of premium leather."

I am looking for a good OWB option for my P365XL. Normally I would just order an RCS Perun, since they work very well for me. But Raven indicates the P365XL is not yet available and might be for sale by the end of the summer.

This Urban Carry OWB features leather (which I like, I used to carry EDC in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit) as well as a kydex shell for mouth retention, plus a "lock" system for a bit of retention. The cant seems to be fixed, but I carry aft of the mid-section and don't think it is too different from what I order normally (about 15 degrees.)

At $59 for basic black, it is available in left hand for the P365XL. Any pros or cons I should be looking out for in this? I am very tempted to pick one up for the box o' holsters.
    I tried the Tenicor ARX, which has a similar design to the Perun. While good, I found the JMCK OWB2 to be even better. The 365XL is listed as an option.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html

User Tag List