Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig to start selling P320 FCU's

Thank you. I am aware of their service, though I've been hesitant to void the warranty on my existing guns. I have reached out to them to ask about ordering an FCU that's been modified rather than modifying one of mine. I have yet to hear back, and it's been over a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Basing your decision to stop carrying P320's on the latest PF 320 attack thread is kind of like basing your financial decisions on a palm reader.

This is good news, I can put my p320 compact back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Weren't they already selling them to Wilson, ZEV etc ?
    Maybe, I don't know. But now they will sell them to the general public.

I hope they offer a version with a manual safety.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 07-23-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Thank you. I am aware of their service, though I've been hesitant to void the warranty on my existing guns. I have reached out to them to ask about ordering an FCU that's been modified rather than modifying one of mine. I have yet to hear back, and it's been over a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    He does sell M17 FCUs also. I assume those are factory SIG items that are cut for the safety from factory.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Basing your decision to stop carrying P320's on the latest PF 320 attack thread is kind of like basing your financial decisions on a palm reader.
    Given Sig's recent history of being...less than straightforward, I'm comfortable erring on the side of caution this time. I have other options, so I'll just use those until we know more.

I want the P320 to work as bad as any fanboy. I shoot them measurably better than any other plastic fantastic out there, I actually dig the modular aspect of the gun, and I'm heavily invested in the system. And yet I am unwilling to stick my head in the sand and act as if there isn't a problem when there is some evidence to suggest otherwise. And to be clear, the possible issue is with a very specific range of P320's: Those manufactured before 4/2018 that have undergone the VUP modifications by Sig. All of my P320's happen to fall in this category, which is why I am shelving them until we learn more about the differences between those guns and the later ones. It may turn out that there is no issue, which would be awesome.

There are other reasons at play in my world beyond the latest drop safe rumors. I've never been comfortable carrying a single action gun without safety, and the news of more potential issues came at a time when I was already considering switching to the P365XL with a manual safety for carry until I could track down FCU's with safeties. This just solidified the decision in my mind. When Sig starts selling FCU's with manual safeties, I'll snag a few of those and roll on. That's why this news is exciting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Given Sig's recent history of being...less than straightforward, I'm comfortable erring on the side of caution this time. I have other options, so I'll just use those until we know more.

I want the P320 to work as bad as any fanboy. I shoot them measurably better than any other plastic fantastic out there, I actually dig the modular aspect of the gun, and I'm heavily invested in the system. And yet I am unwilling to stick my head in the sand and act as if there isn't a problem when there is some evidence to suggest otherwise. And to be clear, the possible issue is with a very specific range of P320's: Those manufactured before 4/2018 that have undergone the VUP modifications by Sig. All of my P320's happen to fall in this category, which is why I am shelving them until we learn more about the differences between those guns and the later ones. It may turn out that there is no issue, which would be awesome.

There are other reasons at play in my world beyond the latest drop safe rumors. I've never been comfortable carrying a single action gun without safety, and the news of more potential issues came at a time when I was already considering switching to the P365XL with a manual safety for carry until I could track down FCU's with safeties. This just solidified the decision in my mind. When Sig starts selling FCU's with manual safeties, I'll snag a few of those and roll on. That's why this news is exciting for me.
    This is exactly my thought. It's a great way to upgrade your pre-4/18 FCUs for not much money. I no longer own any P320s, but if I did, I would do this.

1973 Pintos were serviceable cars, but if you had one and they offered an upgraded gas tank, wouldn't you get one?

If my Pinto’s gas tank might spontaneously explode, I’d be getting rid of it.

I’ve been a Sig nut hugger since the late 80’s but I already sent my 320 in once for an “upgrade.” If it turns out that buying an entirely new FCU is now required, I’m done.

Seems like a good way to increase profit margin and not have to deal with warranties and recalls.

User Tag List