Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig to start selling P320 FCU's

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Based on the article it sounds like Sig is doing everything right. You will be able to order the parts to have a custom-ish P320 all from their website. Not only that, but they are smart enough to include the ability to buy P320 parts/accessories from a variety of manifacturers, not just Sig. This is a model to watch for firearms sales in the 21st century.

$300 MSRP seems reasonable for an FCU to me, especially if that settles down to $200-250. I bet there are plenty of people who will pay a little more for a custom-ish gun.

Full details

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

/\ /\

Have to say, that's pretty impressive looking.

Hopefully they can pull it off and make it work right

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    /\ /\

Have to say, that's pretty impressive looking.

Hopefully they can pull it off and make it work right
    Yes that's potentially very cool.

This is pure genius. It's the AR of handguns now.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Certain vendors have been stripping complete pistols and selling the FCUs on gunbroker for awhile. It only makes sense that SIG would try to cut out the middle man.

What do we know of Icarus Precision? This is the first I'm hearing of them.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    This is the "A la Carte" pistol that everyone has been asking for with this platform. Adding in the custom vendor links takes it to a whole different level. Gotta say, as annoying as they are to deal with as a company sometimes, and as duplicitous as their corporate leadership has been, this is a pure genius move on their part.

Not for me but for the general firearms market, I would like to see more interest in third party vendors start making this work in rifle/long guns platforms...

I had a an FCU, chassis only, awhile ago but sold it to a friend. Wish I had kept it, but now this will make another build much easier, good idea by Sig.

It's a great idea conceptually. Where the rubber meets the road is in how well SIG will execute their manufacturing processes, component quality and QC. Literally all of the P320 issues that I'm aware of have eminated from the FCU, not from any of the ancilliary components of the P320 (although it's interesting how the barrel breech geometry seems to have changed in the evolution process).

Best, Jon

User Tag List