Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig to start selling P320 FCU's

Sig to start selling P320 FCU's

TFBTV just put up this video announcing that Sig is going to start selling FCU's by themselves for folks that want to build one out like an AR. I'm interested but with a $299 MSRP I'm not excited. No other details yet, basically just a teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    TFBTV just put up this video announcing that Sig is going to start selling FCU's by themselves for folks that want to build one out like an AR. I'm interested but with a $299 MSRP I'm not excited. No other details yet, basically just a teaser.

Makes a lot of sense to do it that way, but sounds like it will cost significantly more to build than a complete pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    Makes a lot of sense to do it that way, but sounds like it will cost significantly more to build than a complete pistol.
    Yeah. It might make sense to do it if I could get it with a Gray guns trigger kit already in there or something, but otherwise I don't see why I'd bother.

It’ll end up costing a bit more to piece it together than a complete pistol outright, but if you start seeing that you like random bits and pieces of some models that you want to slap together you siddenly start seeing that the complete pistol plus all your special goodies will cost you even more.

They should’ve been doing this from the start honestly. It would have really sold the concept of its modularity way better to everyone saying “who needs a removable FCU? It costs almost as much to buy a completely new gun anyway”.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

Weren't they already selling them to Wilson, ZEV etc ?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It would make sense if you could order "a la carte." Buy the FCU, then choose the grip module (s), slide, barrel, sights, mags, etc. that you want. Have them put it together from the "custom shop" with a warranty and test function like a regular production gun.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It would make sense if you could order "a la carte." Buy the FCU, then choose the grip module (s), slide, barrel, sights, mags, etc. that you want. Have them put it together from the "custom shop" with a warranty and test function like a regular production gun.
    Yes, actually. At this point you can buy the grip and now FCU separately. You really just need the slide. You can get a Bar Sto barrel now...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Absolutely agree!

Wouldn't take much to design an ordering website.

I'm actually pretty stoked about this. I have more grip modules and slides than I care to admit, but I don't have any FCUs with a manual safety except for a P365XL. I prefer the manual safety so much that I recently stopped carrying a 320 and went to the 365XL full time. The recent post here about potential drop safe issues with some 320 FCU's just made that a permanent choice. I've been holding off buying complete guns just to get a couple FCU's with manual safeties. I sure as heck don't need more parts. I still have a few 25% of codes from the dropgate repairs...oh wait...I mean voluntary upgrade.

I'll happily overpay a bit to not have more slides and grip modules hanging around...

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I'm actually pretty stoked about this. I have more grip modules and slides than I care to admit, but I don't have any FCUs with a manual safety except for a P365XL. I prefer the manual safety so much that I recently stopped carrying a 320 and went to the 365XL full time. The recent post here about potential drop safe issues with some 320 FCU's just made that a permanent choice. I've been holding off buying complete guns just to get a couple FCU's with manual safeties. I sure as heck don't need more parts. I still have a few 25% of codes from the dropgate repairs...oh wait...I mean voluntary upgrade.

I'll happily overpay a bit to not have more slides and grip modules hanging around...
    You may know already but AB Prototype will cut your FCU and sell/install the thumb safety bits for you.

No experience with this mod but thought I'd pass the info along.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List