Thread: I think I scored today..

I think I scored today..

Just got back from the LGS, Maybe I’m crazy, but I traded a excellent condition Colt New Frontier.22, with .22mag cylinder, adjustable rear sights, color case hardened frame for an equally nice Colt Offical Police, 6” bbl, checkered trigger, checkered walnut grips, that have the guns serial number wrote on the inside of each panel. Peeking around inside with the grips off with a flashlight, it looks to me like nobody has been in there fooling around, which is a good thing, because I’m just smart enough to know that if you don’t know what you’re doing with these old Colt DA/SA revolvers,you’d better leave’em alone.. Quick serial number check from Colt says it was made in 1943, Typical Colt blue finish, bore, chambers, appear bright, shiny, excellent condition. One thing I have noticed, after I got it home, is that the cylinder latch sticks open every so often, it snaps shut if you push it forward.. What would cause this? Anyway, I think I did OK, another old revolver rescued..

Could be gummed old lube snagging the latch. Probably the most likely thing if it has been used precious little and stored forever.

User Tag List