Thread: Holster for M&P9c 1.0 w/TS

Holster for M&P9c 1.0 w/TS

I am looking for a holster for my M&P9C(and possibly later my M&P45 FS), and as been the issue since I purchased it, is that it is the thumb safety model. Seeing that JM has the option for the 2.0 subcompact w/ safety, my questions are these:

1. The 2.0 holster would also work for my 1.0 compact correct?

2. Are the safety compatible holsters molded in such a way as to prevent the safety from being deactivated while carrying?

And lastly 3. If down the line I removed the safety from the gun, would this impact the fit of the gun in a negative way?
    Repost from equipment forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I am looking for a holster for my M&P9C(and possibly later my M&P45 FS), and as been the issue since I purchased it, is that it is the thumb safety model. Seeing that JM has the option for the 2.0 subcompact w/ safety, my questions are these:

1. The 2.0 holster would also work for my 1.0 compact correct?

2. Are the safety compatible holsters molded in such a way as to prevent the safety from being deactivated while carrying?

And lastly 3. If down the line I removed the safety from the gun, would this impact the fit of the gun in a negative way?
    Repost from equipment forum.
    I have a v1.0, safety is held in place by the mold. It will not be bumped off of safe.

If you remove the safety from the frame the holster will still retain the firearm. Retention of firearm is not subject to the safety being installed or removed from the firearm.

Question 1, I have no info on that.

9mm and 45acp pistols are not interchangeable in holsters. The 45acp is a larger frame and will not fit in a 9mm holster iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I have a v1.0, safety is held in place by the mold. It will not be bumped off of safe.

If you remove the safety from the frame the holster will still retain the firearm. Retention of firearm is not subject to the safety being installed or removed from the firearm.

Question 1, I have no info on that.

9mm and 45acp pistols are not interchangeable in holsters. The 45acp is a larger frame and will not fit in a 9mm holster iirc.

Thank you for the quick response!
    Clarification on question #1, the only listing in the drop down menu on your site is for the 2.0 models, and I do not know if there are any dimensional issues between models that would affect fit for my 1st gen M&PC.

Holster for M&P9c 1.0 w/TS

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Thank you for the quick response!
    Clarification on question #1, the only listing in the drop down menu on your site is for the 2.0 models, and I do not know if there are any dimensional issues between models that would affect fit for my 1st gen M&PC.
    I don’t work for JM Kydex. No association, just my experience with his holster for my edc of a M&PFS9

ETA: my apologies, I did not see this post in the JMKydex sub form while viewing in Tapatalk app.

Last edited by JM Campbell; 07-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Contact fury solutions in Knoxville, TN. Carry my 1.0 C in one of their holsters.

User Tag List