Thread: JM custom holster for M&P9c w/ TS

JM custom holster for M&P9c w/ TS

I am looking for a holster for my M&P9C(and possibly later my M&P45 FS), and as been the issue since I purchased it, is that it is the thumb safety model. Seeing that JM has the option for the 2.0 subcompact w/ safety, my questions are these:

1. The 2.0 holster would also work for my 1.0 compact correct?

2. Are the safety compatible holsters molded in such a way as to prevent the safety from being deactivated while carrying?

And lastly 3. If down the line I removed the safety from the gun, would this impact the fit of the gun in a negative way?

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    I can't comment on the 9c holster, but I have two IWB#3s (M&P45 1.0 full- and mid-size) and an OWB#2 with the full guard option. I specified that I wanted the holsters molded to keep the thumb safety in the "on" position. I tried to move the safety to "off" with the gun in the holster and couldn't. I assume that the 9c version would work the same, but only Tony could answer that for sure. He's good on responding to emails or questions posted in his thread on the vendor part of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I can't comment on the 9c holster, but I have two IWB#3s (M&P45 1.0 full- and mid-size) and an OWB#2 with the full guard option. I specified that I wanted the holsters molded to keep the thumb safety in the "on" position. I tried to move the safety to "off" with the gun in the holster and couldn't. I assume that the 9c version would work the same, but only Tony could answer that for sure. He's good on responding to emails or questions posted in his thread on the vendor part of this forum.
    Cool, thank you. I presume you used the comment box in the order page to request that?

So I think I will copy/paste this question in the vendor section and see if I can get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I am looking for a holster for my M&P9C(and possibly later my M&P45 FS), and as been the issue since I purchased it, is that it is the thumb safety model. Seeing that JM has the option for the 2.0 subcompact w/ safety, my questions are these:

1. The 2.0 holster would also work for my 1.0 compact correct?

2. Are the safety compatible holsters molded in such a way as to prevent the safety from being deactivated while carrying?

And lastly 3. If down the line I removed the safety from the gun, would this impact the fit of the gun in a negative way?
    MandoWookie, yes the 1.0 will fit in the 2.0 Sub compact. Yes, if you get a full guard with the thumb safety it will keep the thumb safety engaged. The retention or fit will not be impacted by the safety, but if you get it built for the safety first and then switch to not having a safety, you will still have the "bump" for the safety in the holster.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    MandoWookie, yes the 1.0 will fit in the 2.0 Sub compact. Yes, if you get a full guard with the thumb safety it will keep the thumb safety engaged. The retention or fit will not be impacted by the safety, but if you get it built for the safety first and then switch to not having a safety, you will still have the "bump" for the safety in the holster.

Thanks
    Thank you for the response! An order will be placed shortly then.

I'm using the 2.5 model for my 2.0 9mm 4", it is a really fine holster, I don't think you'll be disappointed with their products.

User Tag List