Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated .45 suppressor host

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The H&K has that superior left hand threading.
    Fixed it for you.

I've got an Octane 9HD, should have went with the .45 as I could have also used it on my HK .45c.

The can is superbly accurate when tight, no FRP, and easily clocked to adjust POI.
    Taking a break from social media.

I have an Osprey 45k and use it with a Glock 21 Gen 4. Very happy with it and even with the KKM bbl it was probably less expensive than the HK options.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    My Octane 45 recently came home, and I've been trying to decide between putting it on the G21 or grabbing one of the new factory threaded Ruger 77/44s and handloading 300 gr subs for it, and maybe SBRing the latter if I enjoy it enough.
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there...

This is a good excuse to buy a Mark 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you're in the NBA, maybe. If you have merely XXXL hands, like me, stick with the USP 45 FS.
    So is it wrong that the only *real* reason I even clicked on this thread was to make sure that somebody had mentioned the most tactically gigantic pistol ever?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Why not both?
    I probably will end up with both eventually. I mainly picked up the G21 as part of a recent project to acquire the most common platforms/trigger actions/calibers for familiarity and some diversity after I had pretty much downsized and standardized to 9mm Glocks and 5.56 ARs in recent years. As much as I like 45 ACP, in the past I found that I didn't shoot it as much as my 9mms since it didn't really offer me anything that they did since I only reload 147 gr. At this point it's a backup gun/caliber that I kind of want to keep stock, or I'd have to mill it and slap an RMR on it to bring it up to the level of my other Glocks. Although a bolt action 44 Mag shooting heavy subs is a deviation from my current approach to my arsenal, it provides a capability that I don't currently have. I'm leaning towards the Ruger for now, and after I recover from my recent bout of financial irresponsibility, doing the G21 way down the road as well as getting another 45 suppressor since I don't want to mess with remembering to swap between the piston and fixed barrel assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    So is it wrong that the only *real* reason I even clicked on this thread was to make sure that somebody had mentioned the most tactically gigantic pistol ever?
    I got to play with someone's MK23 at a match a couple weeks ago. He had the original LAM on it, but had a Gemtech instead of a Knight's Armament suppressor on it. It was accurate and fun, but yeah... it's Desert Eagle big.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Believe, my childhood memories of playing Rainbow Six will weigh heavily on this purchase.

Realistically I am going to end up with at least 2 .45s....

Site Supporter
    I think the HK USP or HK45 would be the quick & easy solution but I can’t help wanting a Dan Wesson Vigil. Anybody know of a suppressor that would be reliable with the Vigil?

User Tag List