Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online in-service LE training classes

Site Supporter

Online in-service LE training classes

I'm looking for recommendations for online in-service LE training. My agency has training money to use, and we are encouraged to find and sign up for relevant training. A wide range of topics is possible: Medical, legal, tactical, etc. Training does not have to be restricted to LEOs, or only tailored to LEOs. Obviously it would be better to be able to train in person, but it is what it is.

Please let me know your recommendations. Thanks!

Do you have access to the FBI LEEP system? There's classes available through there, though I've never taken any.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’ve watched a couple of the free Blue to Gold University legal webinars (the ones dealing with consent searches and curtilage). I thought the instructor had a good grasp of the topics and applicable case law, as well as a great ability to convey them to LEOs and make them easy to understand. There are numerous available webinars, some of which have tuition fees associated. The ones with tuition fees seem to be multiple hour trainings. Take a look.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 07-20-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added link
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

We started using V-Academy at my old place not long before I left. I thought it was pretty tedious.

First time I'd had department-sponsored DT training in years...too bad it was just watching videos of guys being put in arm-bars.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you have access to the FBI LEEP system? There's classes available through there, though I've never taken any.
    Yes, I do. I'll take a look, thanks.

He focuses mostly on legal issues but, Bruce-Alan Barnard is an excellent legal instructor. We've used him for in-person training and my agency regularly retains him.

https://lea.one/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

https://www.policeoneacademy.com/

Police One was accepted as a viable training program for some categories of required training by Colorado POST. It's fairly easy to use and glitch free.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I haven't taken any, but the California Narcotics Officers Association (www.cnoa.org) offers on-line training on a variety of topics. Federal Emergency Management Agency also offers on-line training.

National Tactical Officers Association (www.ntoa.org) is doing the annual conference on-line due to the pandemic. It's still a work in progress, but it might be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    He focuses mostly on legal issues but, Bruce-Alan Barnard is an excellent legal instructor. We've used him for in-person training and my agency regularly retains him.

https://lea.one/
    He also has a pretty decent podcast on search & seizure case law.

Also, as mentioned, the police one online program.

Site Supporter
    Calibre Press just announced some on-line training.

User Tag List