Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Pistol Primers in Stock?

Small Pistol Primers in Stock?

Does anyone have small pistol primers in stock? My supply is getting low and everyone local is out to include Powder Valley.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

What I resorted doing was checking my online sources frequently. Lucked out when Midsouth Shooters had CCI primers. Immediately bought 5k then, for kicks and giggles, checked back in about an hour and they were out of stock again. Demand right now is VERY high and inventory is going out the door as quick as it comes in.

MidwayUSA has CCI small pistol primers in stock but they're limiting to 1k per order.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    MidwayUSA has CCI small pistol primers in stock but they're limiting to 1k per order.

I appreciate that they are trying to maximize their stock but 1000 primers aren't worth the hazmat fee.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I appreciate that they are trying to maximize their stock but 1000 primers aren't worth the hazmat fee.
    I got the notice this morning. I then realized it was going to be over $50 for 1000 primers. I'll pass.

Buy bulk during normal times

As an aside, last October I googled up “small pistol primer sale”, just for curiosity sakes. I had 5,000 primers still sitting under the bed, unopened since purchase in 2014. I didn’t really need to buy another 5,000 small primers, but noticed the CCI was running a generous rebate that expired end of Oct 2019. So, bought 5,000 online, and submitted the rebate. Got my money back from CCI in about eight weeks. Lesson learned. After this crisis settles back down, I will probably buy another case of primers. They don’t go bad.

I'd keep an eye out on Brownells. I was able to order a couple thousand Federal SP Magnum primers for $34 per 1,000 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    As an aside, last October I googled up “small pistol primer sale”, just for curiosity sakes. I had 5,000 primers still sitting under the bed, unopened since purchase in 2014. I didn’t really need to buy another 5,000 small primers, but noticed the CCI was running a generous rebate that expired end of Oct 2019. So, bought 5,000 online, and submitted the rebate. Got my money back from CCI in about eight weeks. Lesson learned. After this crisis settles back down, I will probably buy another case of primers. They don’t go bad.
    Yeah, I bought 8K last summer when that rebate was going, plus Powder Valley had one of their free hazmat promos going too, so IIRC I only paid the $14 or $15 for standard shipping. Added in a pound of Sport Pistol to see if I'll like the cheaper alternative to N320, placed my order, got my rebate after not too long. Probably the cheapest per unit price I've ever gotten on primers, and now I find myself well stocked at a time when it's apparently tough to buy them.

Site Supporter
    I used to run Small Rifle Primers in pistols trying to make the old 175 major power factor. No issues lighting them off in a pistol. If you are out of small pistol but have small rifle, might give them a try. Of course small rifle is hard to find now also.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I agree in principle that they should not be $50 / K. However, if one were to pay $25 vs $50 per 1000, the primer cost is $1.25 vs $2.50 per 50 rounds. I believe the price is just enough to weed out alot of people. It prevented me from ordering, as I have a bit of stock, that should hold me over.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List