Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

So this dumb-to-red-dots guy could use a bit of help.

Is the footprint of the Swampfox micros the same as a RMR? The reason I ask is because I am building a Poly80 gun into a test bed for RDs to see if it is time for me to gt on board fully with the concept as EDC, and I would like to buy a slide pre-cut for the dot so I don't have to mess around with sending out to be milled. The problem is that almost all of the ones that are in stock are cut for RMRs. Will this work, or do I need to get a slide specifically cut for a Swampfox or Holosun?
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    So this dumb-to-red-dots guy could use a bit of help.

Is the footprint of the Swampfox micros the same as a RMR? The reason I ask is because I am building a Poly80 gun into a test bed for RDs to see if it is time for me to gt on board fully with the concept as EDC, and I would like to buy a slide pre-cut for the dot so I don't have to mess around with sending out to be milled. The problem is that almost all of the ones that are in stock are cut for RMRs. Will this work, or do I need to get a slide specifically cut for a Swampfox or Holosun?
    IIRC, the Swampfox ones claim to be RMR-pattern (except for one of the smaller models).

That said, I know for a fact the Holosuns are RMR-sized and fit in the same cut because I did exactly what you are doing (built a P80 to try RDS on a pistol). I have since moved my Holosun to my 625, but it started out life on my P80 with Brownells slide.

ETA: Kingslayer, Justice, and Liberty all claim to be RMR-pattern and fit RMR cuts. The Sentinel is billed as being intended for slimline guns, so I would interpret that as "RMSc" pattern (ie Glock 48)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    IIRC, the Swampfox ones claim to be RMR-pattern (except for one of the smaller models).

That said, I know for a fact the Holosuns are RMR-sized and fit in the same cut because I did exactly what you are doing (built a P80 to try RDS on a pistol). I have since moved my Holosun to my 625, but it started out life on my P80 with Brownells slide.

ETA: Kingslayer, Justice, and Liberty all claim to be RMR-pattern and fit RMR cuts. The Sentinel is billed as being intended for slimline guns, so I would interpret that as "RMSc" pattern (ie Glock 48)

Chris

THANK YOU!

Exactly what I needed. I appreciate it.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The Sentinel is billed as being intended for slimline guns, so I would interpret that as "RMSc" pattern (ie Glock 48)

Chris
    Yep. Found this on the product page.

BUT WHAT DOES IT FIT?​
    Sentinel is really small. About an inch tall, an inch wide, and 1.6 inches long. Shoehorned into this tiny scope is a 16mm x 16mm window, big enough for fast acquisition and sight tracking, small enough that it doesn’t affect concealability even a little. ​​

Sentinel will fit the Sig P365XL, Springfield Hellcat OSP, Canik Elite SC, S&W Shield 2.0 Optics Ready, Walther PPS M2 Optics Ready– any slimline slide with an RMSc footprint incorporated, either factory or gunsmith cut.​​​

Site Supporter
    Their beating the patriotic drum coupled with the apparent lack of transparency re their products' country of origin is a likely pass for me.

Contrast with Blade HQ for example, they do an excellent job re transparency. One can sort by all manner of criteria and country of origin is clearly listed and easily found in the specifications.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Extrem...d-Blade--46484

FWIW/YMMV.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Their beating the patriotic drum coupled with the apparent lack of transparency re their products' country of origin is a likely pass for me.

Contrast with Blade HQ for example, they do an excellent job re transparency. One can sort by all manner of criteria and country of origin is clearly listed and easily found in the specifications.

FWIW/YMMV.
    Swamp Fox is manufactured in China as is pretty much everything from Sig's optics line, everything from Holosun, the Vortex electronic sights and their lower end variable optics, etc.

The company itself, as I understand it, is American owned and owns the factory where the optics are made.
    3/15/2016

There Military/LE program offers a substantial 30% discount. May make it a decent way to investigate entry into the red dot world.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Swamp Fox is manufactured in China as is pretty much everything from Sig's optics line, everything from Holosun, the Vortex electronic sights and their lower end variable optics, etc.

The company itself, as I understand it, is American owned and owns the factory where the optics are made.
    That would be unique for a start-up like Swamp Fox. Most of these optic companies are started by former product managers at other optic companies who know how to spec an optic and how to outsource manufacturing to a Chinese company (maybe even the same company that was making the products for the founder's previous employer.)

For example, the owner of Athlon was "Head of Global (out)Sourcing" at Bushnell. (note: I added out to the title.) Before that, he was 'outsourcing' at non-optic companies.

(Not sure if matters if Swamp Fox owns the factory or not. I'm not saying they don't own the factory, just that that would be different from other new optic companies.)
    Last edited by BigD; 07-20-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

FWIW/YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

It's obvious to anyone that's awake that Swamp Fox's products are made somewhere in Asia. I think the issue is laying it on so thick with the "Liberty" and "Justice" and "Ironsides" etc. "Swamp Fox" itself is a reference to a Revolutionary war hero. All the "USA! USA!" just seems off when Swamp Fox is likely dozen or so American employees and a bunch of Chinese engineers and assemblers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by srcochran49 View Post
    There Military/LE program offers a substantial 30% discount. May make it a decent way to investigate entry into the red dot world.
    I just signed up for an account and quickly got mil discount opportunity. I am looking at their 5-25 "precision" optic for one of my 223 trainers.

User Tag List