Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Thanks, I'll keep them on my list to consider.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I’ve run a justice on a S&W 686 for several hundred rounds of Grizzly CC 180 grain. It now rides on my Benelli 12ga turkey gun, and has held up to a 100 or so 3” and 3.5” magnum turkey loads.

For those of you that have a Justice, how is the dot brightness? Considering one for a competition pistol , and would like to know how well the dot shows up on a very bright day.

A couple of the YT vids have said that it's a factor, but not huge.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dtw View Post
    For those of you that have a Justice, how is the dot brightness? Considering one for a competition pistol , and would like to know how well the dot shows up on a very bright day.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks.
    I used to run both the Justice and Liberty and I had no complaints on brightness or glass clarity. I sold them and moved on to the duty grade Holosun optics (509t x2 and 508t x2), but I was pleased with the shooting performance of the Swampfox dots and I had no issues with durability during regular shooting. The friend I sold them to hasn't reported any issues in his use of them. I live in the Texas panhandle and we definitely have very bright sunny days in the summer.

Absolutely bright, bright enough for the brightest summer days we had this year.

I've checked it also on a bright sunny day, against white background and concrete below, it's good to go.

Just ordered the Sentinel Manual brightness/ Shake n wake version - Red, eager to try it out on my Shield Plus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dtw View Post

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks.
    I have the Liberty, which is similar to the Justice. Mine is mounted on a Nelson Precision slide for a Glock 44. I find that in bright sunlight, I have to turn the brightness all the way up. At this setting, I was able to use the dot without a problem.

I've now discovered a feature, the low battery indicator.

When you change brightness settings, if you see a flicker, that is the low battery indicator, and it'll give you about 4 more days of daily carry beyond that point.

Been running a Justice (red dot) on a CZ P09 for a couple years now and it has been perfect. No issues and the dot can be plenty bright enough to see on a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Been running a Justice (red dot) on a CZ P09 for a couple years now and it has been perfect. No issues and the dot can be plenty bright enough to see on a sunny day.
    Thanks for the info. Is the CZ a carry gun or range toy? I want to put a RDS on my Henry BB and more the wide FOV on the Justice. Do you use the shroud as well?

User Tag List