Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Site Supporter
    No RJ it is not you. I would bet you a 9.99 taco plate lunch that it is bigger than either the Holosun or the Acro.

As both those dimensions are widely available, one could have measured the SF offering if one was so inclined to make such a comparison.

I freely acknowledge that I am making a WAG based more on human nature re sales/marketing etc. than anything more scientific like trying to figure out high the rear sight or some other dimension on the gun is and extrapolating from there.

As per a chat with SF today, it, like all SF red dot optics are made in China.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    I think that's mainly the nature of it being an enclosed emitter optic? From what I see the open emitter is typically the window style we're used to seeing mounted on a pistol slide and closed emitter is the bigger box/tube style. Pics below are of closed emitter offerings from Holosun and Acro that seem to be about the same size/shape of the swamp fox optic body.

https://d3apgz7jqdnp73.cloudfront.ne...preset=list720
    Above is the Holosun version. I think it's just the nature of closed emitter dots?

Acro version:
    https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...torial-gallery
    It's the nature of the beast. Taking the height of the front lens, and making it the same height at the rear, gets you a visual perspective of a giant freaking optic. To seal off the led, and get away from environmental issues, that's way, way, way worth the offset.

I do have 407 and 507 equipped pistols currently, with a 509 on order. I'll make some comparison pics when things roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not that I heard, but I played it at 1.75 speed.
    I tend to do same, or cast things up to the TV while i cook or something.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    I think that's mainly the nature of it being an enclosed emitter optic? From what I see the open emitter is typically the window style we're used to seeing mounted on a pistol slide and closed emitter is the bigger box/tube style. Pics below are of closed emitter offerings from Holosun and Acro that seem to be about the same size/shape of the swamp fox optic body.

https://d3apgz7jqdnp73.cloudfront.ne...preset=list720
    Above is the Holosun version. I think it's just the nature of closed emitter dots?

Acro version:
    https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...torial-gallery
    Could be. Dimensions of the HS 507c v2 and 509T for comparison show the closed emitter HS is in fact taller, 1.35” vs 1.14”.

(Pictures clipped from HS website)

Name:  D88B4DDE-311C-4DD9-80DC-5BB1017364E7.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  78D659F5-0440-4D10-B75B-E322EC08AA81.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  18.5 KB

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I just purchased (on Reddit [gag, but the GAFS thread has good deals]) another Blade for one of my rifles. I continue to be very impressed with the Blade, and the reticle allows for somewhat more precise shooting at longer distances vs a red dot. My eyes just turn a dot into a cluster that obscures smaller targets.

You all know I'm not a "just as good as" or "good enough for me" type - but it is good enough for what I do and then some in spades. I have several MRO's but I've got to the point that I just like the Blade better. And by "like" I mean I prefer to shoot with it. A debate on how bomb-proof one or the other is can be for a different day; I'll likely never need to know.

My buddy grabbed a justice (The wider one) and i helped him mount it to his vcomp and got it zeroed(ish) today. The range was a mucky mire of death from the melting snow turning to mud and standing water but i ran a single bill from the ready just to see how the dot tracked.

Name:  20210227_130430.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  28.2 KB
    The hits in the 10 ring were from getting a rough zero. The 5 above and 1 below were from the bill. It was hard enough not sinking in a mud hole, i hope to get some more time with it to run it harder and refine the zero a but more if necessary.

Name:  20210227_130344.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  18.1 KB

Name:  20210227_130347.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  17.8 KB

Initial impressions are that the dot did not distort, buttons were nice and positive, and it had clear glass. Trouble free adjusting the zero despite the lack of clicks in the dials.

This example will probably not see high round counts nor live on a reciprocating slide, but between this and another friends sentinel, i will be snagging a sf when i need another dot in the price range.

I'll post updates as he and i get to shoot it more.

Added a Liberty to my collection of red dots. So far I like what I see. I mounted it to my 320X Compact that was originally milled for the Romeo 1 Pro then I had it milled to accept an RMR. Decided to give the Liberty a shot. I love the size of the window compared to the RMR, also it is a top load battery (1632) so It doesn't need to be removed from the gun for battery change. I find the dot to be crisp (I have an astigmatism). The only think I don't like is there is a small gap between the back of the optic and where the rear sight is mounted. Very minor issue.

Name:  7D93B28D-8003-488D-AC53-8617037D5DB3.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  C1D4D227-71B1-441F-BBD5-FC3BD9E7125D.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  57.6 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I just swapped out the OEM MOS plate for a CHPWS V4 Mil/LEO RMR plate on my Liberty equipped G19. It was a TIGHT fit. So much so that I actually had to take a huge deep breath and gulp to do a little filing at the front to get the optic to snap into place with a light rubber mallet tap. That's not a complaint, I like that it's in there that tight. I figure the plate is affordable enough that a little filing to fit this optic was worth it. The included screws labeled RMR were the right size to attach it, however, I was running the Ironsides shield before and I need longer screws to make that work. The T-posts take a smaller diameter screw than the OEM plate, so the Swampfox provided screws are too fat. Honestly though, I like it better this way by a huge margin. I get a perfect height on the rear iron sight with it like this. I may forgo ordering screws and just try extra hard not to Cowan this thing on the concrete.
    Name:  20210409_203357.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  95.2 KB

Sage Dynamics review of the Justice

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Sage Dynamics review of the Justice

I rather expected at least a mention of the Ironsides shield in the drop tests. If it happened, I missed it.

User Tag List